White Rain Volumizing Mousse Extra Hold
  • I prefer this mousse over crunchy styling wax if I have to wear my loose coiled locks down
  • At the onset of an economic downfall, I thought it be prudent to become a recessionista wannabe if going cheap in those days was the new buzz

• by jhunie

In certain occasions when I’m running late and just need a quick fix, I reach for this styling mousse to give my hair an instant oomph. Due to the heavy mix of conditioners and enriched treatments I apply at a regular basis, the normal condition of my hair typically doesn’t provide sufficient malleability for creating shapely hairstyles. A curly bed head may be nice, but it helps to tidy up those unruly tresses. I prefer this mousse over crunchy styling wax if I have to wear my loose coiled locks down. This prevents strands

from falling flat and is great for adding fullness to my hair with a bit of restraint. It’s good for primping medium curly hair fast.

I discovered this product in a store selling cheap cosmetics some time ago. At the onset of an economic downfall, I thought it be prudent to become a recessionista wannabe if going cheap in those days was the new buzz. White Rain is a very domestic sounding name. I was tipped by my hairdresser to try it out but was never keen at doing so, raving its inexpensive price.

Finally, by chance I got the product. Then I must give it a satisfied nod indeed because the item truly does a creditable job. It certainly compares well to the higher-ups, it reminds me of Schwarzkopf’s essencity mash or L’Oreal’s playball smoothie creams, except that it holds better.

This volumizing mousse changes the texture slightly of the hair so there’s less resistance to styling. Mousse is a suitable alternative for rigid wax in order to skip the matte dry finish and retain the sculpted shapes while still injecting a polished sheen on strands. It becomes ...

• White Rain Volumizing Mousse Extra Hold
      malleable allowing me to scrunch out flat volume as well. I’m a little concerned why it’s listed among products known to cause allergic reactions because of a certain chemical called cocamidopryl betaine. I’m prone to allergies but I’m glad to say this is not one of those I’m reactive to.

I don’t like the fruity scent because it hangs around for a long time. Also, the lightweight mousse doesn’t hold up to extremely humid conditions, in my case, getting too groovy inside a convoluted club with all the heat and sweat, my hair turns moist and

greasy. My hair has high porosity therefore oily. I make a mental note not to put mousse on my roots as it exacerbates the oiliness, I just pat wax lightly over the top section to flatten frizzy strands. Contrary to dry formulas, this still keeps hair soft and easily brush-able. The mousse has a whipped consistency which doesn’t stick. This fits the bill perfectly if you intend to be frugal with your budget, costing 3 dollars. I definitely recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313061125330930/k2311a063/6.3.10