Strepsil Cough Lozenge Cherry  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • I think these are good lozenges and I certainly used them for years as my lozenge of choice

• by npz

For years I would buy and take Strepsil Cough Sweets either for sore throats or to suppress my cough. Having tried so many different flavors that they offer, the medicine that was least offensive, though perhaps not the most effective was the cherry flavor that they offered.

Strepsil sell their cough sweets in boxes, and the lozenges themselves are in blister packs with about 12 lozenges per strip. I personally find this a little inconvenient form of packaging. If I am at home it is fine, because I can store the box in a cupboard and just take one out whenever I need one. However, normally when I need a

lozenge the most is when I am out and away from the home. By packaging these lozenges in blister packs, it makes it very difficult to carry with you. The strip of lozenges is too large to fit in a pocket so that immediately means I need a bag. And the strips are quite large that they actually take up a fair amount of room in my bag. I certainly would not be able to carry much more in a tiny evening bag for example.

Packaging is a minor convenience, what really matters is whether they work. The lozenges in their cherry flavor are a vivid bright red and ...

• round. They don’t have a bad taste, but I would not particularly describe it as cherry. It is certainly very sweet, and at times can feel a little too sickly sweet. As I said, it is one of the least offensive of the Strepsil range so I’m not complaining.

Taste is also a minor convenience. As to whether they work, which is of course the most important factor, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Sometimes I am lucky and I will suck on one of these lozenges and within seconds, my cough subsides, and again if I am lucky it doesn’t come back for a while. However, sometimes I will

suck on one of these and it had no effect whatsoever. I have even been known to have tried several in a row out of desperation, and all that happens is that I end up feeling more ill from the sweetness.

Is this a fault of the medicine, or do I just have a tendency to get particularly persistent coughs? I can’t say for sure, maybe it is a little of both.

I think these are good lozenges and I certainly used them for years as my lozenge of choice. However, I just don’t think they are the best on the market, and I think I can and have done better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263061124910830/k2311a063/6.3.10