Biore Complexion Clearing Pore Unclogging Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • But, blackheads wasn't that much of an issue for me, at least not noticeable ones, and the strips never seemed to work all that well for me anyway, and never seemed to stick very well because of my oily skin in the first place
  • But when I run across this product again in the future, I'll definitely buy it again

• by Anasuya

I have very large pores and a very oily complexion, so it’s important to me to find a good product that will thoroughly clean my skin and keep oil from building up in the pores. Some of the softer cleansing scrubs don’t really do the job well enough, or don’t have the staying power to keep my skin free of clogs all day long. I may be in my thirties, but I still have more breakouts than I care to acknowledge, and then I have these awful flashbacks to my years in high school that were horrible for me because my acne was so bad then. Luckily, it’s on an occassional breakout, but it can still be a pretty good one from time to time depending on my stress levels. I’ve tried a few Biore products in the past. One of the first ones they ever came out with were those blackhead strips that you’d put over your nose and yank them off and it would remove all the blackheads.

But, blackheads wasn’t that much of an issue for me, at least not noticeable ones, and the strips never seemed to work all that well for me anyway, and never seemed to stick very well because of my oily skin in the first place.

But the Biore Complexion Clearing Pore Unclogging Scrub seemed to be a good alternative. I just found this product a few months ago because our local supermarket just doesn’t carry a lot of this brand, but I was excited to try it out anyway. It is a salicylic acid treatment, so sensitve skin might want to beware, but I don’t have sensitive skin at all when it comes to products like this so I wasn’t bothered by it in the least. The product has a nice clean smell to it, too, that’s not overly medicinal smelling, and the scrubbing particles are quite large, so you really feel like your cleaning your face thoroughly.

The first night I used this product, I washed my face with regular ...

• soap and water and then followed it up with this scrub. I didn’t use a washcloth, which I felt might be too much of a scrubbing power and might make my skin feel raw. I just put a little bit in my hands, rubbed my hands together and then spread the scrub over my face, moving my hands in circular motions. The scrubbing particles really move around over the skin, so you can feel it working and cleaning immediately. When I rinsed it off, I could already feel how much lighter my skin was. I’m so used to feeling clogged down by grime and oil at the end of every day, and even soap and water doesn’t it cut it by itself, but I felt like those particles got into every nook and cranny and cleaned them all out. My skin was a little red afterwards, but that was more from the scrubbing action than from the ingredients in the product itself.

I used this product for about three weeks

straight, twice a day, in the morning and at night. It leaves my skin feeling very moisturized, but it still somehow managed to control the oil. I wasn’t even expecting that. I really just bought it to clean my face of oil after the fact, but not necessarily to prevent the buildup of oil. I haven’t used many products that moisturize my skin (mostly they dry my skin out), but still treats the oily conditions! My blemishes started to improve within the second week, and as long as I used this product on a daily basis, I kept the breakouts almost to a non-existent place. It was such a great relief. And then….. my grocery store stopped carrying it. I ended up moving on to something else, which I sometimes do anyway so my skin doesn’t get too accustomed to a single product and the product then loses its effectiveness. But when I run across this product again in the future, I’ll definitely buy it again. Affordable, and you truly feel clean afterwards. Good combination.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313061124710830/k2311a063/6.3.10