Maybelline Volume Express Cat Eyes Mascara in Very Black  » Cosmetics  »
  • I noticed that I was able to coat all the lashes of my eye, and so they all looked thicker and fuller

• by Katherine Rose

I was looking around the cosmetics area of the department store when I passed by the Maybelline counter. I’ve been looking for a nice new mascara, since my old one has been running out and drying up. I was initially attracted to the Maybelline Volume Express Cat Eyes mascara because the packaging was pink and had animal patterns. I also was informed by the sales lady that it had no brush but instead had a comb type applicator. Aha! Interesting.

I have no lash comb, and this was maybe what I needed. I always worry about clumpy lashes that look like they have cemented together. This mascara worked just perfectly. It’s waterproof, a must for me. And also, it comes in very black, another must for me since my lashes are also black. Brown mascara makes my eyes look sleepy and not as stand-out.

I tried on one coat of mascara on my curled lashes and WOW! The ...

• effect was immediate. I love the comb type applicator. It separated my lashes instead of the clumpy effect I get with the bristle brush applicators. I noticed that I was able to coat all the lashes of my eye, and so they all looked thicker and fuller. It’s especially obvious if you put it on one eye and compare it with the eye without mascara. In pictures, it’s really pretty! It makes you look like you have falsies on
        and for the price, it’s really great!

I take this mascara off using eye makeup remover. It takes some soaking to come off, I’ve noticed. The mascara will cling to your lashes, I take two cotton balls of makeup remover for all of it to come off because if not, I will wake up with raccoon eyes and eyebags like nothing you’ve ever seen before!

10 points for the great comb type applicator and for the gorgeous eye effect upon first coat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313061124570830/k2311a063/6.3.10