Do not Use Linux Software CAD  » Software  »
1.0
  • I believe that we should not be using Linux base software because of the terrible design and lack of features
  • They represent that it functions like AutoCAD but I disagree and think it functions very differently than AutoCAD

• by Scajr79

My least favorite software is Linux CAD. This software has the worst features for drawing on the computer. There are other software packages that will blow this lame software away.

I don’t like the toolbars or the links. The action items are terrible and they do not have follow up items.

My first impression was that of disgust.

The scroll bars and other functions didn’t even work correctly when I first booted up the software.

My understanding of this ancient software is very limited but it was still hard to pickup and use. I have used AutoCAD and Solid works and I could use them the same day.

But this software is for my dad. This ...

• software has to be old and outdated.

I believe that we should not be using Linux base software because of the terrible design and lack of features. They represent that it functions like AutoCAD but I disagree and think it functions very differently than AutoCAD.

The buttons are very childish like and do not really represent what the functions is.

The commands are very slow.

I have a very fast computer and it takes seconds for files to load. This is not conducive to productivity.

If anyone is in the business to buy CAD software this is something that I would have to pass by. The software doesn’t have the capacity to really be a driving force in the market place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 303061124410730/k2311a063/6.3.10