Charleston City Market  » Shopping  »
Ste 107, 188 Meeting Street , Charleston SC
  • I noticed that there are alot of people selling baskets just about everywhere you look
  • On our last trip I bought a sterling silver spoon ring for about $30.00

• by Gina Gott

If you are visiting Charleston SC you do not want to miss seeing the City Market. It is home to hundreds of vendors selling everything you could possible think of. It is four blocks long and you just walk through the open air buildings.

I can’t wait until my next trip to Charleston , so I can go back and shop some more. The market has so many cool and unique

things to offer.

I noticed that there are alot of people selling baskets just about everywhere you look. They are called sweetgrass baskets and they hand make them -a lot of times you can watch them do it.

There is also a lot of beautiful hand made jewelry. On our last trip I bought a sterling silver spoon ring for about $30.

I love it!

It is great to walk through ...

• the market and watch artist make or paint their products in front of your eyes. This is a place where you never know what you might find.

I have never seen anything else that even compares to this place. The market also have a lot of antiques and collectibles to choose from - not to mention the clothes and novelty items.

There are many places to stop and eat. You can even

go on a carriage ride tour through the market! Really the market is something you just have to see to believe!

The atmosphere of the place is so great too.

It is always busy and crowded but the people are really friendly. This is one of my favorite places in Charleston.

Bring your money though , if you take a walk through the market you will find something you want to take home with you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 243061124280730/k2311a063/6.3.10