Oscar Mayer Selects Premium Beef Franks  » Food  »
  • I know both of these are not good for my health, so I try to stay away from them
  • I was impressed with what was behind the label
  • I thought this was a brilliant way to package hotdogs
  • I will buy these again for my family to enjoy and would recommend these over any hotdogs with pork or nitrates

• by CoffeeBreak

Hotdogs are one of the most popular foods in America. They are also one of the least healthy foods in America. Most hotdogs are terrible for your health, especially because they are not only very processed and contain disease-causing ingredients, but they also contain pork, which is very bad for your health. My family stopped eating most hotdogs after hearing how bad they are for our health. We try to eat healthy, and although we occasionally indulge, pork is not something you will find in our diet.

We usually like to have a cookout on summer holidays. We love the traditional hotdogs and hamburgers. But since we don’t eat most hotdogs (especially ones with pork) we had

to find a solution. We discovered Oscar Mayer Premium Beef Franks. Not only are these hotdogs made out of beef, they contain no pork. They also don’t contain nitrates or nitrites, which are known to cause cancer. When we buy lunchmeat or hotdogs, we always look for products without nitrates or nitrites. These hotdogs fit the bill! They also contain no artificial fillers. Believe me, I have heard horror stories about what goes into hotdogs, and if I eat hotdogs at all, I want to know they are good for me.

The only ingredients in these hotdogs that I wasn’t too thrilled with were the cultured corn sugar and corn syrup. I know both of ...

• these are not good for my health, so I try to stay away from them. But I can overlook these ingredients since these hotdogs are exceptional in most areas.

Oscar Meyer Beef Franks come in a nice packaging. They have a nice simple blue and yellow label with all the basic information. I was impressed with what was behind the label. Eight hotdogs were wrapped in a way that puts other hotdog companies to shame. They were in two re-sealable bags with four hotdogs in each. I thought this was a brilliant way to package hotdogs. If someone only wants to use a few at a time, they can re-seal the bags and pop them back

in the freezer. Or they can use only four of the hotdogs and put the other four in the freezer in their nice little bag.

The taste of the hotdogs was surperior, too. They had lots of flavor and were deliciously moist. My family really enjoyed eating them!

Although hotdogs are not something I would eat every day, Oscar Mayer Premium Beef Franks are an exceptional product that we will continue to enjoy on occasion. I am impressed with almost everything about these hotdogs. They would be perfect if only there were a way to eliminate the corn syrup! I will buy these again for my family to enjoy and would recommend these over any hotdogs with pork or nitrates.

Richard says :

Your view that pork is unhealthful vs. beef is not supported by facts. Beef may in fact be less healthy for various, substantive reasons. In fact, after studying scientific literature about lethal E. coli O157 H7 bacteria and bovine spongiform encephalopathy mad-cow disease , I only buy hotdogs that contain chicken turkey pork, but not beef. Pork suffers from longstanding cultural and religious prejudices that aren`t necessarily valid, and from outdated fears about Trichinosis, which is a virtually nonexistent danger these days in developed economies. Per the USDA, cooking pork to as low an internal temperature as 140 degrees Fahrenheit for only 1 minute eliminates the risk, actually making it possible to enjoy pink medium-cooked, vs. well-done pork roast.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273061124260730/k2311a063/6.3.10