Texas Instruments TI-83 Graphing Calculator  » Electronics  »
  • I paid somewhere around sixty-five dollars for a used calculator, and it was well worth it considering that most others go for over eighty-five used
  • I have been using the calculator off and on since I bought it, and it is still running on the same four batteries that I bought for it originally
  • There was one feature in particular that I enjoyed while using this calculator

• by GID

I have owned this unit for over five years; I first bought it because I needed it for an Algebra course in high school. I paid somewhere around sixty-five dollars for a used calculator, and it was well worth it considering that most others go for over eighty-five used. I chose this particular brand and model because it is the same one that my teacher at

the time was using, so our functions and key-strokes would correspond and make the work easier to figure out and learn.

The calculator runs on four double A batteries, and they last forever in the unit. I have been using the calculator off and on since I bought it, and it is still running on the same four batteries that I bought for it originally!

There was one feature in particular that I enjoyed while using this calculator. It has a memory function that can hold a number of different equations, formulas, or numbers; you simply need press the 2nd key, and then one of the preset buttons, and the piece of information assigned to this particular button is entered. This function is very handy if you’ve got to perform a complex equation using ...

• Texas Instruments TI-83 Graphing Calculator
      a number of different variables, or if you’d like to quickly recall an answer to an equation a while ago for use on your current calculations.

The guide was a life saver. These calculators have so many functions, key-strokes, and secondary functions, that you would never figure out all of them while trying to figure out your math course at the same time. Who would want to!?

I referred back to the manual through my entire math course, and it helped me to learn the functions quickly and easily, so much so that I can pick it up even today and remember what buttons to press for which functions. This has obviously made many things easier for me, and many other courses that used the calculator or had applications for it, went smoothly in turns.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 163061123810630/k2311a063/6.3.10