Amino 2222 by Optimum Nutrition  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • So like every underweight insecure male, I decided to hit the gym like everyone else
  • Before I start with my experience using it, I would like to remind you that I am your average consumer, so I can’t provide in depth information on how Amino 2222 operates on a cellular level
  • I’d heavily recommend it though to people who are cutting down on weight, those trying to show more muscle
  • Amino 2222 is for people who prioritize ‘lean mass’, these people will get the best out of it

• by lameraxis

So like every underweight insecure male, I decided to hit the gym like everyone else. I started off with a weight gain program but after the first few months, I realized I was gaining too little. The instructor told me that because of my lousy body type (ectomorph/fast metabolism) I had to eat more and much more of the right food; the ‘more of the right food’ part would be quite expensive he explained and recommended I take supplements.

The first supplement I tried out was Amino 2222 by Optimum Nutrition. Before I start with my experience using it, I would like to remind you that I am your average consumer, so I can’t provide in depth information on how

Amino 2222 operates on a cellular level. I fully understand though the mechanics of weight gain, both from experience and study.

Weight Gain

Interestingly, I gained weight but it showed in a very strange manner. On the weighing scale, I gained a whooping 7 kg after 3 months and played around the same weight for the next few months. In front of the mirror though, I could only see 4kg of my effort. While not necessarily a bad thing, my friend explained about how the weight can be attributed to increased bone density and most of my mass build up occurring in my lower body.

Lean Mass

I became incredibly ripped after using Amino 2222 for 6 months, think a Bruce Lee in making. What used to be ribs, clavicle, and shoulder blades showing would now be hidden with a neat layer of muscle. Sadly though, it wasn’t enough, shirt off I looked deadly but with a shirt on I looked like your average Joe.

Fat

I have an ultra active metabolism which robs me of any chance to gain substantial noticeable fat. Amino 2222 didn’t change that. I want fat badly, besides added energy, let’s face it, unless you have really good genes or have been working out for a couple of years, if you want to fill up the sleeves of a fitting shirt you need fat and muscle. Even by its nutrition fact sheet, Amino 2222 virtually has no carbs and ...

• Amino 2222 by Optimum Nutrition
      no calories.

Dosage

The recommended dosage for me was 1 in the morning, 2 before working out and 3 after and 1 before sleeping. As you’ve noticed, doing that you’d go through the entire stock in less than 2 months! Too expensive for me, I reduced my intake to 2 before workout and 2 after still producing the fine results.

Tablet

The major downside of Amino 2222! Monster tablets! Roughly the size of half an adult thumb! Mourn for first time idiots like me who painfully experienced trying to swallow them whole! I’ve found that breaking the tablet in half in your mouth then washing them down with water helps a lot. Try not to chew them, wicked waste if the they get

stuck in your molars. By the way, they taste like milk.

Maintenance

While not my experience, I thought I’d mention it anyway. Every time my friend can’t hit the gym for extended periods he takes a couple of these to prevent muscle breakdown. I can’t verify if this is true, but I feel it’s unnecessary as 30 minutes of home exercise on odd days has always worked for me.

LAST WORDS

It works well! Sadly, it’s just not the right supplement for my body type. I’d heavily recommend it though to people who are cutting down on weight, those trying to show more muscle. Amino 2222 is for people who prioritize ‘lean mass’, these people will get the best out of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263061123790630/k2311a063/6.3.10