Vitress Hair Solutions Cuticle Coat  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • So when I noticed her hair has gotten a bit less wild and more shiny, I asked her what her secret was and that was how I got introduced to this seemingly magical hair serum
  • I bought one right away at a grocery store near where I live at 45 pesos (about 1 US dollar)
  • I became a big fan for months until I found out about silicones
  • Most shampoos in the market contain sulfates so it shouldn't be a problem is it

• by Gitana

My friend was crazy about this new product from Splash Corporation. She has long curly hair which used to be extremely frizzy and thick it looked like it wants to dominate the world. So when I noticed her hair has gotten a bit less wild and more shiny, I asked her what her secret was and that was how I got introduced to this seemingly magical hair serum.

I bought one right away at a grocery store near where I live at 45 pesos (about 1 US dollar). It is a clear, colorless liquid which is just a tad bit thicker than water. I took a few drops of the serum into my palm, then smoothed it out on my long hair and

indeed, it gave my hair a glossy sheen it has not experienced before.

It is also very economical because just a few tiny drops are already enough to give my hair the fix it needs. I bought bottle after bottle of the product thinking I have finally found the holy grail that would finally cure my hair induced headaches before. I became a big fan for months until I found out about silicones.

Silicone is a widely used ingredient among hair products because of its detangling properties. It coats the hair with a thin layer of plastic thus resulting to a shiny glossy appearance which is partly good because the extra layer would protect the hair from heat of the sun or curling/straightening irons. But ...

• it is also bad because it prevents the natural oils produced in your oil glands from actually getting into the hair.

Furthermore, it is not soluble in water so it builds up on your hair and scalp unless you wash it with sulfate based shampoos. Most shampoos in the market contain sulfates so it shouldn’t be a problem is it?

Well,the thing is sulfates are even harsher to your hair than silicones. It strips the hair of the natural oil that your glands worked so hard to produce leaving your hair dry and frizzy that you would have to resort to using silicones again in order to fix it. And voila!, you are in on a vicious cycle that never ends.

I told my friend about it

and we are now currently trying to rehabilitate our hair from this deceiving serum, as well as sulfates and silicones. She was a bit skeptical at first. She thought it was impossible to find anything really healthy these days which is so not true. There are actually a lot of hair products out there which does not contain these harsh substances. And no, they are not necessarily pricey, although most of them are. Some are actually very affordable like the conditioner I am using now that is Alberto V05 which costs only 121 pesos per twelve-ounce bottle. I still haven’t found a new serum to replace Vitress but after just a few weeks of rehabilitation from sulfates and silicones, I don’t feel my hair needs it anymore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313061123770630/k2311a063/6.3.10