Medi-Dyne Heavy Duty Gel Heel Cup Regular Size  » Health  »
  • Problem is, inserts take up a lot of room in shoes, and then I have to buy shoes that are a size bigger than I'd normally need, and then there's too much room
  • I bought the Medi-Dyne Heavy Duty Gel Heel Cup Regular Size for $10 mostly because my heels were the most painful part of my foot by the end of a long day, and I've actually hobbled home after being on them all day long

• by Anasuya

I’m on my feet quite a lot, thanks to my new job in the retail industry, and they have taken a lot of abuse over the last two years when they were used to being so pampered before I started working. One of the biggest problems I have is finding shoes that have adequate support. Arch supportand heel support are big issues for me, because I have incredibly high arches and tend to put all the pressure on the sides and heels of my feet. I’ve encountered some serious back problems over the last year because I didn’t have the right kind of support in my shoes. But, I work at a shoe store, and we’re “encouraged” to wear their shoes, and I have to say, they aren’t meant for being on your feet all day. Most of them, save for tennis shoes which we’re not allowed to wear, don’t have much support at all to speak of, and

I’ve had to resort to using inserts to make my shoes more habitable. Problem is, inserts take up a lot of room in shoes, and then I have to buy shoes that are a size bigger than I’d normally need, and then there’s too much room. Needless to say, it’s just a flat-out mess half the time.

I bought the Medi-Dyne Heavy Duty Gel Heel Cup Regular Size for $10 mostly because my heels were the most painful part of my foot by the end of a long day, and I’ve actually hobbled home after being on them all day long. These inserts have a very peculiar shape to them, and truly do cup the entire heel. They only come in like two sizes, so if they don’t cup your heel properly, then you’re pretty much out of luck. I had a heel spur starting to form, though, and I knew it was likely going to be a necessary ...

• evil for me.

I have to say I had a lot of problem out of these inserts too. First off, because of their very awkward shape, they just don’t fit into shoes very well without being seen. I have a very small heel, and it was hard to settle on the correct size for me (out of the whole two choices that I had), but I really did need something to relieve the heel spur pain I was experiencing. It’s a very hard material too, even though it says it’s a gel. When I put it in my shoe, it totally stretched out the entire shoe and by the end of the day, my shoe was pretty much useless and wouldn’t be able to be worn with this, otherwise it would just slip right off the back of my foot with every step since it had been so stretched out.

It does, however, add a nice degree of support,

and it did alleviate the pain of the heel spur. It just looked stupid in my shoe because it could totally be seen over the back of my casual-business flats that we have to wear. I’ve used them in my tennis shoes, though, when I walk to work, and that’s when they are really useful. You can’t see them, so they are much more discreet, and they actually fit nicely more in a tennis shoe, and are far less likely to stretch the shoe out at all. I was able to walk to work wearing my tennis shoes, then change into my work shoes when I got there, and my feet didn’t hurt at all after the 2 mile hike. That might not seem like a big distance, but it really does matter when you have problems like mine. So, in all, it’s a good product, but with limited use. Works much better in an athletic shoe than in a casual flat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342061123040130/k2311a062/6.2.10