Movie: The Devil’s Brigade  » Movies  »
  • If you haven’t seen it, I would recommend taking the time to watch it

• by Review Vigilante

This weekend was the first time I have seen the movie The Devil’s Brigade; though I had heard of it and it has been on TV a few times in the past year or so. Overall, it was an OK movie with plenty of action.

The film is about a group of Canadian soldiers who perform

seemingly impossible missions against the Nazi army.

For example, they capture a Nazi controlled town in a short amount of time without any serious casualties on their end.

Then, they climb up a mountain and take that in three hours when other efforts had failed in the past.

One thing I liked about this movie was ...

• the fact we got to see the battles both from the Devil Brigade’s perspective and from the Nazi army’s point of view.

I also liked the end of this movie because they get the victory but there is still a sense of remorse over the number of people who end up getting killed as a result.

There are way too many movies that treat the dead as something in the background and never really acknowledge they are people.

Of the movies I watched this weekend, this was easily one of the better ones.

If you haven’t seen it, I would recommend taking the time to watch it.

I’m just sorry it took me so long to finally see it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112061122950130/k2311a062/6.2.10