Movie: The Best Years of our Lives  » Movies  »
  • I had never heard of the movie The Best Years of our Lives until this past weekend, when I discovered it as part of a Memorial Day marathon
  • It was very moving and, despite the lack of actual battle footage, very interesting
  • When I first started watching it, I thought I would get bored with it relatively quickly
  • This is a movie that is definitely worth watching if you haven’t seen it before because it will really give you an understanding about what our war veterans went through during and after World War II

• by Review Vigilante

I had never heard of the movie The Best Years of our Lives until this past weekend, when I discovered it as part of a Memorial Day marathon. At first, I didn’t know what I was watching.

But, it ended up being a halfway decent movie.

/> Unlike a lot of other war movies that were on over the weekend, this one doesn’t take place during a war.

This one takes place after World War II and you get a glimpse into the lives of a few soldiers as they try to get their lives back in order.

I loved this movie simply because it gave the other side to a war that receives a lot of glorification.

I really felt for the naval veteran who had to adjust to life without both of his hands and the army ...

• Movie: The Best Years of our Lives
      officers who were now alcoholics and didn’t seem to want to spend any time with their families.

It was very moving and, despite the lack of actual battle footage, very interesting.

quickly.

But, I ended up watching the entire movie without reaching for the remote.

This is a movie that is definitely worth watching if you haven’t seen it before because it will really give you an understanding about what our war veterans went through during and after World War II.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112061122930130/k2311a062/6.2.10