Sherlock Holmes Movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • But, the plot was kind of confusing to follow at times and the portrayal of Holmes and Dr. Watson was one that I wasn’t very impressed with
  • In fact, I think their portrayals were very close to being considered a spoof
  • So, while I did watch it and enjoy parts of it, it is definitely not a movie I would spend my money on

• by Review Vigilante

When I heard they were making a Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, I was somewhat interested. But, then I saw the previews for it and thought it would be stupid so I avoided watching it at the theater.

And, when I got my DVD of it through Netflix, I ended

up holding onto it for a while before actually watching it. For the most part, I had good reason.

I love Sherlock Holmes books. I didn’t love this movie.

To be fair, the film did have some great action scenes in it and Rachel McAdams was awesome as Irene Adler. But, the plot was kind ...

• of confusing to follow at times and the portrayal of Holmes and Dr.

Watson was one that I wasn’t very impressed with. I’m a Sherlock Holmes traditionalist and the characters in this movie were anything but traditional.

In fact, I think their portrayals were very close to being considered a spoof. I’m sorry but Dr.

Watson is not supposed to be a character with a sense of independence like Law’s Watson was. It was an OK movie.

But, it was also a film that had me wishing it was over halfway through it. So, while I did watch it and enjoy parts of it, it is definitely not a movie I would spend my money on.

Sherlock Holmes Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112061122811230/k2311a062/6.2.10