Scene It? 80s Deluxe Edition DVD game  » Games  »
  • First I learned of Gary Coleman’s passing, then I found an A-Team marathon on the Centric Channel, and then this morning I caught the tail end of Madness Our House on my car radio
  • Okay, so maybe I have a little of an unfair advantage since I was alive in the 80’s, but I think the whole family can still play
  • Now even if you find game instructions tedious or boring to read, you can simply listen to the varied game play instructions on the DVD

• by Jude244

I must have the 80’s on my mind because I seem to notice bits of it everywhere in the last few days. First I learned of Gary Coleman’s passing, then I found an A-Team marathon on the Centric Channel, and then this morning I caught the tail end of Madness Our House on my car radio.

Maybe it’s a coincidence but even on line at Blockbusters I couldn’t miss the stack of the Scene It 80s deluxe edition DVD game. Couldn’t miss it or resist it apparently. Okay, so maybe I have a little of an unfair advantage since I was alive in the 80’s, but I think the whole family can still

play.

First things first, when you purchase the 80s Scene it Deluxe edition, you receive the main Flextime game board, two special dice (a six sided, and an 8 sided die), trivia card, tokens, special Buzz cards, and the main scene it DVD. In case you are unfamiliar with the scene it format, it is quite simple.

The first thing you should know about the DVD portion of the game is that it really explains everything for you. From the main menu you can choose any number of options including: How to Play, Play the Game, Pre-set Gameplay, Timer Settings, and Party Play.

Now even if you find game instructions tedious or boring to read, you can simply listen to the varied game play instructions on the DVD. Really once you lay down the board and insert the DVD; it takes care of the rest for you.

The object of the game is to be the first one to travel around the game board and enter the winner’s circle. To do that, you must roll the two dice and follow the specific directions depending on your roll. As one of the die let you know your category, really that will tell you the type of question or DVD option you must follow.

There are many types of trivia questions including: Pop Culture, Songs,

• Scene It? 80s Deluxe Edition DVD game
      Slogans, and Sayings, and Take Three which means you must answer the question based on the three clues provided. There is also a Player’s choice which allows you to pick from any category, and also Buzz cards which can be used at any time before their dice is rolled, and have specific instructions per card.

Now for the awesome part, the DVD challenges! Once you roll the category die and you receive a DVD challenge you will either have a My Play option, or an All Play option. For My Play, you simply select that option on the Game Menu and the DVD will automatically load your clips question. For All Play, you once

again select the option on the game menu but in addition to knowing the answer, you must actually be the first one to shout it out.

I must admit I really enjoy Scene it games. This is actually my third one after the Movie and Simpsons editions. Not only is it a lot fun, but in games such as this 80s one it brought back a lot of memories too.

If you’d like to try it look for it in places such as Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Toys R Us, or check Blockbuster where I happened to find mine. If you’d prefer to shop online, this game can be found on Amazon for 16.39 USD.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282061122651230/k2311a062/6.2.10