Guess White Coated Stainless Steel Ladies Watch
  • When I bought this I looked at the watches that cost over $300 and a lot of them look like this, however this is meant to be an every day watch for the average woman and is made of lesser materials so that someone such as myself could afford it
  • I paid around $130 for mine and it is worth $130 but do not believe you are getting the same watch as the more expensive one
  • I love the look of the band but it has a tiny chip already and it worries me that it will not last as long as other plain stainless steel guess watches I have owned
  • I do recommend this watch to others based on the look alone
  • I think this watch will last me a few years, maybe not as long as some of my other guess watches which still run after 10 years but so far it is doing well

• by duckfan

I really like the look of a watch on a wrist. To me it looks very classy. Almost no one wears watches anymore so those that do really stand out. I do not like my watches to look sloppy or cheap because people do look at them. For this reason I only buy watches with a certain look, watches that will look just as fashionable in 10 years as they do today and watches I could imagine someone like Grace Kelly or Audrey Hepburn wearing. This watch fits all of that for me.

This watch is a reproduction of more expensive watches. When I bought this I looked at the watches that cost over $300 and a lot of them look like this, however this is meant to be an every day watch for the average woman and is made of lesser materials so that someone

such as myself could afford it. I paid around $130 for mine and it is worth $130 but do not believe you are getting the same watch as the more expensive one. This is stainless steel but it is coated in a paint to make it white. It does have mother of pearl and crystals to make it look nicer but they have had to cut costs with the bracelet material.

I have owned a lot of Guess watches and they have all held up well. This has a 10 year limited warranty so I am confident it will work well. The band worries me because of the way it is painted. I love the look of the band but it has a tiny chip already and it worries me that it will not last as long as other plain stainless steel guess watches I have ...

• owned.

I do recommend this watch to others based on the look alone. I love the way this watch looks. I have only had mine 6 months and have not had enough time to tell if it will have any problems but so far the clock is accurate, it is water resistant, the face of the watch has stood up well against scratches.

I think this watch will last me a few years, maybe not as long as some of my other guess watches which still run after 10 years but so far it is doing well. My toddler has messed with this watch and played with the dials and has tossed it around and it is still doing well which is always a sign of a good product. My clasp fastens tightly and I am having no problems at all with it. This watch

is a little loose on my wrist but I had the jeweler remove 2 links at the cost of around $6 to make it fit tighter as I need to do with most bracelet type watches I own.

I am giving this watch a 10 for performance and looks. None of the crystal chips have fallen out and this watch looks so nice I get compliments on it and people don’t believe it is a Guess watch. This gets a 10 for accuracy, but the paint material is lacking, the bracelet’s paint gets a 10 for looks but more like a 6 for durability since I already have a small chip on it.

The pros of this watch: Well made and sturdy.

Made of real and not imitation materials, It is real mother of pearl and those are real swarovski crystal accents.

10 year limited warranty, Very fashionable.

The cons: Face does not have numbers.

paint has potential to peel

Chee Wah says :

I got my first and only Guess watch from my girl friend (now my wife) in 1996. It is a stainless watch with Indiglo Night-Light and 50m water resistant. According to the manual, the watch is even suitable for water activities such as swimming, surfing shallow diving. The Indiglo Night Light failed 2 times during the 1 year warranty period. What is more ridiculous is the stainless steel metal skin at the back of the watch body starts peeling-off after about 6 months wearing it. After the skin peeled-off, the rusty look bronze color metal actually exposed. As for the back cover and the band, it is still look new and shinning till today. So I brought it to the service centre and demand to change the body of the watch. They denied my request and commented that this is due to my personal hygiene issue. Come on, this may be my first Guess stainless steel watch but definitely not my first stainless steel watch. My previous Citizen and Seiko watch doesn t have such issue even after years of wearing. Because of the low product quality and the bad altitude of the service centre, I have put Guess watches in my banned list after that. Today, I only buy watches from real watches companies such as Casio, Citizen, Seiko, Tissot (my favorite), Swatch, Omega. For me Guess is just a fashion company rather than watches company and I don t think they can make better watches than the real watches company.

Mario says :

Agreed. Guess watches are simply junk. Low quality at inflated prices due to logo.
    Just like all Guess merchandise, simply junk.

Mario says :

re : I think this watch will last me a few years, maybe not as long as some of my other guess watches which still run after 10 years but so far it is doing well
    You’ll be lucky if any Guess watch lasts 12 months. My son spend almost $ 300 on a Guess watch. He got 8 months before that junk quit. He got another one, the 2 hour numbers came loose and fell off the face of the watch. What a joke, lol. Almost 10% of Guess watches are already defective in the store.
    Live and learn. Buy a real watch like Seiko, Citizen, Timex, Pulsar, etc. Had my Seiko for exactly 20 years and still keeps time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 642061122601230/k2311a062/6.2.10