Sun Broadband Internet  » Internet  »
0.5
  • This broadband internet claims 2mbps speed but unfortunately they were not able to deliver it
  • I logged in again around 4 PM but the same thing, during daytime, it is the most busy schedule so I thought this is understandable
  • Having illustrated the worst experience above, I think it is just appropriate that they should have a lower rater even when the service you are using is prepaid
  • I didn't experience any convenience at all while I was using this
  • If you have plans of using a prepaid plug it broadband internet, Sun Broadband is not a convenient option

• by becca5040

Like the two leading cellular companies in the Philippines, Sun Cellular has included internet and broadband services as part of its products. This network started unlimited calling and texting and it is how it infiltrated the market as previously controlled by the two giants Smart Communications and Globe Telecommunications. Though not really influential, I have tried their cellular services before but ended it quickly because I really don’t have enough contacts who are using Sun Cellular. Last month while I was in Manila, I used their prepaid broadband service. I had this as my last option because I cannot find the nearest store for both Smart and Globe. And like its Cellular service, I have lots of complains.

A broadband internet service uses the same network as the cellular service. Thus expect the limited signal for this broadband connection. This broadband

internet claims 2mbps speed but unfortunately they were not able to deliver it. The first time I logged in using my laptop was around 11 AM, normally during mornings, the system is congested with lots of calls, text messages and people are usually up doing internet stuff so I forgave them for having 289 kbps speed. My email took me 20 minutes loading before I could send it and another 20 minutes for the attachment to process. After I was done, I turned my laptop off. I logged in again around 4 PM but the same thing, during daytime, it is the most busy schedule so I thought this is understandable. However, when I tried using this around past midnight, still I was getting an average of 890 kbps and I never tried 1 mpbs or around 60 percent of ...

• the suggested speed of 2 mbps. During the wee hours of the morning, this is the time when most of the broadband connection have faster speed yet with Sun Broadband even during this hour, you cannot count on it. If you are using broadband connection, make sure you are only doing simple task like emailing and surfing and not video streaming because it will take you a lifetime in waiting for the video to download. As to speed and connectivity, this broadband sucks.

The rate of this broadband internet is cheaper compared to the two leading competitor if it is postpaid however the same with Smart and Globe if it is prepaid . Having illustrated the worst experience above, I think it is just appropriate that they should have a lower rater even when the service you are using

is prepaid. I didn’t experience any convenience at all while I was using this.

You can use retail load outlets if you want to load your broadband service. The process is easy and there were no hassle. The other thing which I find very inconvenient was the process of seeking help from technical support representatives. The menu option was incomplete when you dial it from your Sun Cellular number and it will take you so long before you can get a representative. I wonder why this was the case when they don’t have much subscriber.

If you have plans of using a prepaid plug it broadband internet, Sun Broadband is not a convenient option. From the speed of connection to the expensive rate not even worthy of being at par with Smart Bro, all that you will experience here is endless agony.

jesper boer says :

why your signals is too weak here at pasig city?

M says :

Hi Jesper,

The reason why sun signal is weak at pasig city because sun can’t accommodate all the users anymore. And their tower is far from pasig city.

Rchard says :

re : This broadband internet claims 2mbps speed but unfortunately they were not able to deliver it
    Ive been a subscriber of sun services for more than 5 yrs. This company still lives by misleading consumers by airing false ads "fast, consistent reliable" was completely the opposite. Its signal instead of upgrading to meet future application requirment turns out to be a failure, its services are deteriorating in daily basis with no clear solution. Hoping that one day miracles would happen so that its clients can really enjoy what it being paid for…

kay says :

hi Rchard. Sun Cellular is already owned by Smart Communications and they now share the same network making Sun’s services more reliable and stronger and please take note that the ads they show always say up to whatever speed they would say which means reaching that 2 mbps speed would still depend on things like network congestion, weather and device being used.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 212061122501230/k2311a062/6.2.10