Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Dry Cough Non-Drowsy Berry Burst Flav 6 oz
  • I'm a miserable individual when I'm sick, and the last thing I want to do is put my family through torture just because I'm not feeling good, and that's why I bought this medicine
  • If you hate the taste of cough syrup, then you definitely wont like this one because it doesn't taste any better than any of the others, despite the berry burst flavor it claims to have
  • Reasonable price and at least I know I can depend on it to help treat the cold and coughing of me, my husband and both of my kids, and I know they wont be in pain when they are sick

• by Anasuya

Vicks has been a staple in my life ever since I was a little girl and my mother used to lather that goop vapor rub all over my chest when I was feeling bad. It’s a trustworthy company and product line, so when I saw the Vicks Formula 44 Custome Care Dry Cough medicine, it didn’t dawn on me to not buy it. One of the worst things is a dry cough, because it builds in the chest and causes a lot of pain when you cough, in your chest and throat.

At least, that’s how it is for me. I’m a miserable individual when I’m sick, and the last thing I want to do is put my family through torture just because I’m not feeling good, and that’s why I bought this medicine.

It wasn’t all that expensive, about $6, which is pretty typical for a cough medicine, and it tastes pretty typical of a cough medicine too! If you hate the taste of cough syrup, then you definitely wont like this one because it doesn’t taste any better than any of the others, despite the “berry burst” flavor it claims to have. Yes, you can taste the berry flavor, and it does feel cool going down (while still providing that warm “flush” that cough syrups are known for), but it still tastes pretty awful.

I took it within the first two of first showing any symptoms of being sick, when the dry and unproductive cough first popped up. You following the dosing cup and take it every 4-6 hours, and within the first hour my coughing ...

• was definitely minimalized.

Before taking the medicine, I was coughing every five minutes, and it was just so painful and exhausting, but when I started taking this, it was more like every half an hour that I felt that familiar coughing tickle in the back of my throat. It doesn’t get rid of the cough entirely, but it certainly made it more bareable.

And it seemed to last a while too, providing me with enough relief that I could carry on with my daily activities without too much interruption. It’s a non-drowsy formula, too, which is important to me because I need to be able to function, since I have a job, and a household to run and there’s very little rest allowed for a mother of two children.

I did feel better taking

this medication, even if the cough was still present at times. At least the cough was less persistent and less painful, and that’s all I was really looking for when I bought this.

My kids are teenagers now, and can take adult doses of medication, and they’ve used this product as well, since they are both prone to dry coughs, and they always found quick relief as well. The product calmed my coughing enough that I could sleep adequately at night, which helped the healing process.

It’s a very solid product and I would definitely buy it again. Reasonable price and at least I know I can depend on it to help treat the cold and coughing of me, my husband and both of my kids, and I know they wont be in pain when they are sick.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262061122491230/k2311a062/6.2.10