Dial Antioxidant Bar Soap 3 Pack Cranberry  » Health  »
  • Most soap actually leaves me feeling dry and irritated afterwards, especially on my arms and legs that are always dry and itchy no matter what day of the year it is, though it's definitely worse in the winter months, and I didn't have much problem with dryness while using this product
  • I wouldn't say it's exactly as moisturizing as a body wash or lotion, but it's definitely a close third, and way better than a typical Dial product or other bar of soap

• by Anasuya

I grew up in a household that was pretty adament about cleanliness, not just in the appearance of ones home, but in the appearance of ones person. My brother, in fact, is a compulsive handwasher (perhaps not exactly as bad as obsessive compulsive) and we always had various hand soaps and cleansers all over the house. And, as I grew up, I sort of took those kinds of habits and demands into my own life and my own home. I’m one of those people who, when I go grocery shopping, I end up coming home with a kagillion different kinds of hands soaps, and when I saw the Dial Antioxidant Bar Soap, cranberry, I was pretty excited to try it for a number of reasons, one being that I swear by the health benefits of cranberry, and even

take cranberry supplements to help keep kidney infections at bay, because ever since I was fifteen years old, I’ve had chronic kidney infections. It’s a big health concern of mine and cranberries have proven themselves to be a worth antioxidant to have around the house.

This Dial product, with cranberry, is made to help the body’s skin defense system fight bacteria and infection, so it’s especially good on cuts, or even a sunburn. I was recently camping and ended up with quite a good burn on my arms and face and neck, and when I used this soap, just like I’d use any soap in the shower, I felt immediately soothed. It’s not as harsh as more typical soaps are, even other Dial products, and it lathered very richly without feeling heavy on the skin afterwards. It does ...

• have glycerin in it, which can sometimes feel a little heavy if you aren’t used to that, but once I was all rinsed off, it actually felt very refreshing, and because it was slightly heavier than a typical soap I knew that it was really moisturizing my skin. Most soap actually leaves me feeling dry and irritated afterwards, especially on my arms and legs that are always dry and itchy no matter what day of the year it is, though it’s definitely worse in the winter months, and I didn’t have much problem with dryness while using this product. I wouldn’t say it’s exactly as moisturizing as a body wash or lotion, but it’s definitely a close third, and way better than a typical Dial product or other bar of soap.

Continued use of this soap is supposed

to help improve the look of skin and give you an age-defying kind of appearance. I haven’t been using it quite that long to see those kinds of results (and trust me, in my mid thirties, I can use some age-defying), but I definitely have noticed an improvement in the over-all health of my skin after I hit the last bar in the package. It’s nothing quite so extreme that it will provide immediate acne or blemish resolution, but my skin looks and feels brighter and healthier, and it certainly helped soothe the sunburn I had, and I didn’t have a single moment of peeling afterwards. It’s really a great product and, like all Dial soaps, it wasn’t that expensive at all. Just a couple dollars for a three bar pack that lasted almost a month. I’ll definitely buy it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342061122461230/k2311a062/6.2.10