Porter and Chester institute in Chicopee MA
134 Dulong Circle Chicopee MA 01022
  • I was disappointed because I felt that the course was just crap and I didn’t learn much from it so this sucked
  • I didn’t learn anything useful during the course and it was quite boring
  • Now the money it cost to go to this crap school was crazy and it ran me around fifteen thousand dollars which was a rip off and I was told that credits may not be able to transfer and this was a freaking joke
  • This place may have looked good on the inside but the price that I paid was ridiculous and the course I took was horrible and should have been better and the teachers were not really attentive at all and the people who enrolled me acted like salespeople and for all these negative reasons I do not recommend that you waste your money attending this crap location

• by thereviewerat1

Porter and Chester over in Chicopee was a freaking joke of a school and a total complete waste of time and I am saying this right now that this place sucked big time. The selection of classes seemed decent as they offered a variety of courses such as dental assistant, Electrician courses and computer course and a few other courses but the course I ended up taking was an automotive course and the course sucked big time.

I was disappointed because I felt that the course was just crap and I didn’t learn much from it so this sucked.

It

was pretty much all basic stuff that I could have learnt from a friend so this did suck a bit.

I didn’t learn anything useful during the course and it was quite boring.

Now the money it cost to go to this crap school was crazy and it ran me around fifteen thousand dollars which was a rip off and I was told that credits may not be able to transfer and this was a freaking joke.

The staff here seemed so lazy and uncaring and this really ticked me off big time.

The teachers seemed not that attentive and ...

• the people who enrolled me just came off as salespeople which annoyed me.

The actual school didn’t look to bad and it was rather small for a school and easy to find my way around the place.

The outside of the building looked kind of crappy but the entire inside was nice and clean and it really looked good which was a good thing.

The class schedule wasn’t bad and they offered a very flexible schedule so in that sense the place was awesome but not awesome enough for me too overlook the outrageous tuition costs which was crazy.

This

place offered both morning and afternoon classes which was cool but they also offered up night courses which started around six at night and ended around eleven at night so flexibility with this place was awesome.

This place may have looked good on the inside but the price that I paid was ridiculous and the course I took was horrible and should have been better and the teachers were not really attentive at all and the people who enrolled me acted like salespeople and for all these negative reasons I do not recommend that you waste your money attending this crap location.

Ruth Gingevoni says :

I am a straight A student at P&C and I wish someone warned me before I started.Porter and Chester is a for profit school They are interested ONLY in their profits. Students seem to be way down on their list of concerns. Try a different school.

Vanessa says :

There are so many public school programs that it always amazes me that these types of schools can stay in business. In the United States, we have a very good community college system that often offers similar programs to the so-called “technical schools.” Take Auto Mechanics programs, for example. There is a community college in Sacramento, California (American River College, specifically), that offers a full mechanic certification program. This costs under $ 1,000 in tuition per semester, and most students qualify for government-subsidized financial aid, which means the tuition is not only free, but you also RECEIVE money to help with living expenses and books. It is absolutely astonishing to me that the for-profit, private school down the street can charge upwards of $ 10,000 per year with no financial assistance for the same exact program They are really preying on people who are desperate to improve their lives, but who are also uninformed enough to fall for pushy sales tactics. These schools spend your hard-earned tuition money on advertising and recruiting new students. It sounds to me like this school you are talking about is one of these.

My advice to everyone…if you’re in the United States, check your community colleges first Chances are you can find one in your state that offers computer technology, engineering, paralegal, auto mechanic, cosmetology…all of the things that these expensive “career colleges” specialize in.

My advice to Ruth…if they are at least an accredited school, you may be able to transfer somewhere else. If you haven’t been attending that long, it might even be worth starting over somewhere else. If not, then try to make the most of it and don’t drop out Your education IS worth a lot, don’t get me wrong. It’s just that you probably could have used our public education system to reach your goals for a much fairer price. Good luck

Danny C. says :

The job placement is another joke. A job at Jiffy Lube making minimum wage after a year of classes and 15,000 in loans. Not recommended

Vanessa says :

So sorry to hear about your troubles The good news is that you have a certification, and hopefully this will open up some doors for you. After you get some experience at a place like Jiffy Lube, maybe you can move on to a private shop or a nice car dealership. You should also check your community college to see if they can help you add some useful certifications to your resume, if you only have the lube tech certificate so far.

It’s true that you could have probably chosen a better school, but what’s done is done and now you need to make the most of it. Make sure that you contact your loan provider about your payment plan, or even forbearance or deferment options. Student loans are there to help you, and if the payments are unreasonably setting you back, then they will have options for you. They can base your payments on your income level, or they may be able to give you a few months to get on your feet. Trust me, it will be OK as long as you communicate with them. As a law student, I have lots of experience with education loans :/ Good luck

Huge_Mistake says :

I have 6 months left in the computer class at chicopee and this class is such a joke. We spend most of our time surfing google or watching movies and playing games because The teacher gives us 3 hours to write our name on a piece of paper. Nobody cares about the students at this school. They sure do make you think they care when you first tour the facility, then when you sign up its clear to see the truth.

Katie says :

Wow I was planning on enrolling in the dental assisting program at the chicopee campus for January. I’m extremely grateful for this many other reviews about the school. I will definitely not be attending will invest my money and time into a real accredited school where I will have a promising start for my future as I’m only 19. Thanks again to everyone who has exposed this school for what it really is.

Vanessa says :

Dental assisting (and nursing) are two things that you sometimes need to find a career college for. However, it should be a college that specializes in ONLY the medical field (not like this one, that apparently offers a range of things). Before you do that, though, you should definitely check your public colleges (community colleges first, then four year public universities). If they have a RDA program, there will probably be a waiting list, but get on it, and you can start taking care of your general education requirements in the meantime. And yes, absolutely make sure that any program you attend is fully accredited, or it is not worth your money Good luck

Yan chloe says :

I was also planning to help my son to pay for this school (electrical program). We just went there and the cost is 27,000 from which 23,000 is out of the pocket expenses. (students loans). I am so glad I read this review.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502061122011130/k2311a062/6.2.10