Star Trek: Bem TV Show  » TV  »
  • Spock, when I think I should have been a librarian
  • Bem was definitely different, but all in a good way

• by Orrymain

From 1974, the animated Star Trek: Bem had the Enterprise hosting a new race, or rather, aboard the Enterprise there was a man considered an honorary observer. His race was new to the Federation. For much of this half-hour show, we really don’t know if this Bem is good or bad.

He seems to operate on his own idea of what is right or wrong.

Bem does have some intriguing characteristics that are new to the Star Trek universe. I won’t say what it is because I wouldn’t want to spoil it. I thought it was pretty cool. Bem’s attitude is questionable, and ...

• he certainly is a source of frustration to Captain Kirk (voiced again by William Shatner).

“There are times, Mr. Spock, when I think I should have been a librarian.” This made me chuckle. It’s a Kirk line, of course. He had a few of those ‘woe is me’ type of lines in

this episode that kept the funny bone going.

There was something else different in this show, and that was a conversation of Montgomery Scott and Uhura over procedure, and Uhura was very authoritative and Scotty acquiesced to her. I thought that was great.

So, Star Trek: Bem was definitely different, but all in a good way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102061121781130/k2311a062/6.2.10