Robin Hood movie  » Movies  »
2.0
  • The accent isn't right (I agree with the person he argued with over this), and he just looks so darn smug throughout the whole thing

• by Orrymain

If a movie were intended to totally turn someone off of the old time legend of Robin Hood, Maid Marion, and the Merry Men, this 2010 version of Robin Hood would do it. The opening was depressing and vulgar, and it

was anything from the bright and usually gayer movies of the past.

Ridley Scott directed this way-too-long movie. It clocks in somewhere around 2 hours and 11 minutes, and for me, that was an excruciating length of time to sit through this thing.

Russell Crowe annoys me. I don’t even see his acting brilliance as Robin Longstride, aka: Robin Hood. The accent isn’t right (I agree with the person he argued with over this), and he just looks so darn smug throughout the ...

• Robin Hood movie
      whole thing. He’s not my idea of Robin Hood, no matter how accurate the portrayal is reported to be.

I was surprised that Cate Blanchettbored me as Marion Loxley. I had expected so much more, but she felt so very predictable

in this interpretation. It was very bland for me in many ways.

The violence was too much as well. I didn’t like it. I suppose I should take heart in the so-called happy ending, but by then, I really didn’t care.

Robin Hood movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112061121581030/k2311a062/6.2.10