Charter Communications  » Business  »
1.5
  • Unfortunately, where I live, I only have one choice in cable company and that's Charter Communication
  • My other big problem is their customer service
  • I think our government needs to do more to prevent cable monopolies like Charter to force the industry to give a better selection at a better price and offer customer service we can depend on

• by Steve
      Unfortunately, where I live, I only have one choice in cable company and that’s Charter Communication. Overall, I won’t complain about the quality of what I get on television but I do have a lot of complaints about the company in general. 1.

The selection of television stations is horrible considering the price we pay. Currently, my bill runs nearly $60 a month.

I get 70 channels. 4 of them are C-span or a version of it.

Another 3 are

shop at home channels. Of the remaining stations, I watch maybe 10.

But, if I downgrade to a cheaper package, I wouldn’t be able to get 5 of those. On top of it, they keep removing channels from their analog cable line up in an effort to blackmail customers into switching to digital (something currently out of my price range).

Most recently, they took away Toon Disney, one of the stations I could count on for my daughter’s viewing priorities.

• Instead of replacing it with something else, they just reduced the number of channels available but didn’t do anything to reduce the price.

2. My other big problem is their customer service.

If you’re not on hold for an hour, you’re talking to someone who has English as their second language and really doesn’t understand your needs. For example, a few weeks ago, the Packers were playing on Monday Night Football.

But, we had a storm go through the area

that knocked out half the channels, including ESPN. I called Charter to find out where they were in fixing it (something I would think was an inhouse fix, since the cable did work) and ended up getting someone in India that had absolutely no clue how important Packers games are in Wisconsin.

I think our government needs to do more to prevent cable monopolies like Charter to force the industry to give a better selection at a better price and offer customer service we can depend on.

Charter Communications

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411812112151131/k2311a1218/12.18.06