The Veil: The Doctors TV Show  » TV  »
  • I think that comes from it being a product of Hal Roach

• by Orrymain

One thing I really like about this anthology series called The Veil is the authenticity I feel from it. I think that comes from it being a product of Hal Roach. The sets are very detailed and even remarkable. Even the costumes seem to fit the characters better than I see much of the time. There is something

about this very short lived series that screams different, but all in a good way. What got me about this episode is that it’s focused on an Italian family, and the actors are all Italian, not Americans pretending to be Italian. I am impressed.

The Veil is hosted by Boris Karloff, who also stars in it. In this case, a ...

• show called The Doctors, Karloff plays an aging doctor whose grown son, also a doctor, returns for a short visit.

When a crisis happens, and the older doctor is out, it’s up to the son to save a little girl from death. Only there’s a problem. The family in the small village only trusts the elder physician, and they refuse to

let the younger tend to the girl.

To be honest, I wasn’t expecting the ending. It sent chills up my spine. It was totally unexpected.

I love The Veil: The Doctors. Karloff was great, as was Tony Travis as his son and the large cast of Italian performers, who gave realism to this outing. This episode is one not to be missed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102061121431030/k2311a062/6.2.10