Stargate: Infinity TV Show  » TV  »
  • My problem with the series is that there's nothing familiar about the show at all, except for the Stargate
  • In fact, I believe this is supposed to be a Stargate of the future because certainly some of the regulations were different, including military grooming
  • I found the cadets to be too mod and trendy for me overall
  • Most of the shows were just average in my opinion with just a couple of standouts

• by Orrymain

As often happens, when a life action TV series gains success, the networks and powers that be will often try to capitalize on the popularity by producing a children’s animated series based on the plot. While some tend to stay true to the original series, others use it only as a jumping off point.

That’s what the animated Stargate: Infinity did back in 2002 when it went the cartoon route.

My problem with the series is that there’s nothing familiar about the show at all, except for the Stargate. There isn’t one single character from the live series that is part of the cartoon. In fact, I believe this is supposed to be a Stargate of the future because certainly some of the regulations were different, including military grooming.

There were just tiny glimpses that the producers had used anything from the original show. For example, the cadet Harrison has the same long locks like James Spader and Michael Shanks, and the cadet Stacey has ...

• Stargate: Infinity TV Show
      the scientific know how and independence of Amanda Tapping’s character. There was a reference to the Ancients as well. Other than that, nothing really matches.

I found the cadets to be too mod and trendy for me overall. I do like how they came together as the show evolved, but it always felt a

little weird.

The planets they visit are sometimes too common, and yet there are some nice locales with aliens that are unique and intriguing.

However, I had no interest in this show’s version of the Goa’uld. The bad guys just looked like bad rocks.

Most of the shows were just average in my opinion with just a couple of standouts.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102061121050930/k2311a062/6.2.10