Staedtler Mars Plastic eraser  » Other  »
  • Well, I needed an eraser badly, and I didn't want to waste time going to another store to hunt for them, so I decided to try out another similar-looking eraser
  • I found that it rests in my hand fairly comfortably, but not as well as the Papermate one

• by MayMay

I’ve always used those Papermate erasers for all of my erasing needs, but one day, a horrible thing happened.

…. London Drugs was out of stock of them.

Well, I needed an eraser badly, and I didn’t want to waste time going to another store to hunt for them, so I decided to try out another similar-looking eraser: the Staedtler Mars Plastic.

I found that

it rests in my hand fairly comfortably, but not as well as the Papermate one.

Next, I tried erasing with it next, it did wonders. The eraser erases quickly and leaves almost no trace of it with just some gentle pressure. If you erase harder and longer, it leaves nothing behind. This is a great thing for me because it saves me a ...

• lot of time. Imagine writing a test with limited time, and the eraser just isn’t co-operating… it’s not a very nice experience, but I haven’t had that problem with Staedtler yet. The eraser also doesn’t slide up when pressing hard, so I don’t have to keep pressing it back down, saving time.

The downside is that you can’t change erasers. Once the eraser

is used up, you must buy a fully new Staedtler Mars Plastic eraser with the outside and everything — you can’t just buy a refill eraser. That’s a waste of plastic and bad for the environment, as now I have the eraser case in perfectly good condition but no eraser.

All in all, I’ll be switching to Staedtler erasers from now on, that’s for sure.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122061120660930/k2311a062/6.2.10