Chef Hung Taiwanese Beef Noodle in Aberdeen Centre, Richmond BC  » Restaurants  »
Unit 2800 Aberdeen Centre, 4151 Hazelbridge Way, Richmond BC
  • A week ago, I decided to try out Chef Hung Taiwanese Beef Noodle with my friends
  • The waitress handed our menus, and that's where the problem began
  • First bite into the noodles -- it's a little under al dente, so it's chewier, just the way I like it
  • All in all, I don't think I'd come back here unless I had a lot of money to spare
  • The taste, though, is probably the best of all the Taiwanese beef noodles I've eaten (and I've eaten a lot, mind you)

• by MayMay

A week ago, I decided to try out Chef Hung Taiwanese Beef Noodle with my friends. It’s supposedly authentic and has a store in Taiwan that some important Taiwanese politics guy went there and ate.

The first thing that caught my eye was the nice, soothing decor. It’s certainly a nice environment to be eating in, and the tables are not crowded together. The waitress handed our menus,

and that’s where the problem began. $10.95 for the ‘champion’ bowl noodles that won some award… around $9-10 for other ones. They’d better taste good to charge that kind of money. So, I ordered the “Champignon Beef Shank with Noodle in Spicy Soup” with flat noodles, and waited.

Our orders came, and we became skeptical. The bowls are wide, but with my chopsticks, I could basically scoop up ...

• all the noodles. First bite into the noodles — it’s a little under al dente, so it’s chewier, just the way I like it. Soft, mushy noodles are just not my thing, so I give these noodles a full score. The beef shank is like any other beef shank in Taiwanese beef noodles, so no real comment there. The soup, however, is very flavorful and good, but
        it’s not that spicy…

All in all, I don’t think I’d come back here unless I had a lot of money to spare. For $11, you can get some better food that can fill you up more, as I was still a bit hungry after the bowl of noodles. The taste, though, is probably the best of all the Taiwanese beef noodles I’ve eaten (and I’ve eaten a lot, mind you).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72061120460830/k2311a062/6.2.10