Durango and Silverton Train  » Railway  »
  • First of all, the view is amazing and it is very pretty up there
  • The train ride is nice and very pretty and the towns are interesting, but the mountains are not fun

• by Lauren0924
      We used to visit Colorado every summer. One summer, we decided to go to Durango and take the train from Durango to Silverton.

First of all, the view is amazing and it is very pretty up there.

However, I remember being scared on parts of the journey, especially when the drop

down the mountain was pretty darn far and everyone wanted to be on the side of the train looking over at the view.

Also, there was a llama on the tracks so the train had to stop for awhile.

You can take the train ride back to Durango, but my grandparents ...

• met us in Silverton so we just drove away after that.

I do not recommend that at all.

Those mountains are the scariest things in the world to drive down.

They are tiny and there are no (at least there weren’t when I went) guardrails.

The train ride is nice and

very pretty and the towns are interesting, but the mountains are not fun! If you take the train, do the round trip and bypass the mountains on the way down from Silverton.

Otherwise, it was a great trip and a neat place to check out if you are travelling in Colorado.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 441612112011231/k2311a1216/12.16.06