Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Sore Throat Spray Fast Acting Relief Honey Lemon Burst Flavor 6 oz
  • Anyway, I was done with cough drops for a while, but needed immediate relief, and since I'd already had a good experience with a Vicks Formula 44 product, I figured it couldn't hurt to try this one
  • One or two spritzes and you're done, and I found that it really did work to help alleviate the pain of a sore throat

• by Anasuya

I have to admit that I wasn’t particularly looking forward to using this spray, but I absolutely loved the cough/chest cold syrup from the Vicks Formula 44 line that I tried, so I was still willing to give this one a shot. Usually, honey and lemon medicines just taste like sweet medicine, but medicine nonetheless, and it still has every ability to make me pucker up like any cough syrup or anything like that of which I don’t particularly care for the taste. But, I was at work, and my throat was killing me, and I was in no mood at all for cough drops because they are a pain when you have to carry a handful in your pocket at all times, and you’re popping one in every half an hour

even though it says that it is supposed to work for more than two hours at a time. Anyway, I was done with cough drops for a while, but needed immediate relief, and since I’d already had a good experience with a Vicks Formula 44 product, I figured it couldn’t hurt to try this one. It was only $5 and the spray seemed so much easier to deal with and keep up with than a drop, and it meant I didn’t have to actively suck on somethin for twenty minutes that I didn’t even like the taste of anyway.

It has glycerin in it, which was surprising, but apparently that helps to coat the throat, and it does. I can honestly say this spray had a rather nice and thick consistency to ...

• it and I really did feel like I was spraying a protective layer down the back of my throat, but it wasn’t so thick that I felt like I’d possibly choke on anything either when I sprayed it. There’s that nice even medium with medicine, and this one meets it very well. It also has phenol in it which is like an analgesic to help relieve pain and discomfort due to coughing and chest congestion. This spray can be used every two hours, so it almost works like a cough drop, but the plus is that you don’t have to suck on anything. One or two spritzes and you’re done, and I found that it really did work to help alleviate the pain of a sore throat. The relief actually did last
        the two hours too, which was a surprising factor for me, since sore throat things usually last an hour at best. And really, depending on the severity of the sore throat, it sometimes even lasted longer than two hours.

The taste was bareable, but not good. You can taste the honey and lemon, but really it doesn’t mask the fact you’re still taking a disgusting medicine. It certainly made it EASIER to take, but it still doesn’t mean it tasted good by any stretch of the imagination. Still, I appreciate their efforts to make it a little more pallatable in the long run, and it is an improvement over many a cough and sore throat spray that I’ve taken in the past. This was a good product, and another in the dependable Formula 44 line.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261061120040630/k2311a061/6.1.10