Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Chesty Cough Non-Drowsy Berry Burst Flavor 6 oz
  • This is really a great product to use, and worth the price, and better than their other products that cost the same amount of money, so I don't know why they just don't save us the trouble of trying a bunch of different syrups and get rid of their other ones and just have the 44 line of products

• by Anasuya

I’ve used Vicks products for a very long time, and have always had a lot of trust in products like their vapor rub. I’ve tried some of their cold and cough syrups too (much like NyQuil in their effectiveness), and when I saw these in the Vicks Formula 44 line, I figured it couldn’t hurt to try it, though I had no idea what “44″ had anything to do with it, because, ultimately, it didn’t seem to be any different then the other chest or cough syrup by them that I’ve tried, but at least this wasn’t any more expensive than their other products, at about $6 for the bottle. Pretty typical actually.

The one thing I immediately have to

say about this product is that the taste is truly immensely better than in their previous versions. Usually, berry flavors do nothing to mask the medicinal tastes in a syrup like this, and don’t get me wrong, this was still strongly medicinal in taste, but at least it was bareable and I didn’t feel the unnatural urge to pucker up my entire face in response to take a syrup. It was almost even a refreshing flavor in a way, despite the medicinal aftertaste, and had that nice warm “flush” that I’ve learned to attribute with cough medicine. The dosage cup was easy enough to follow and you take the recommended amount for your age group every four to six hours.

• Within the first forty-five minutes or so, I was already starting to feel much better. The coughing I was experiencing was almost gone entirely, save for a few pesky itchy-throat type of coughs that would sneak in occassionally, and the relief I experienced lasted a good five hours before I started to feel all achy again. Oh! And the pain relief, I almost forgot to mention that. I have to say that it’s probably the main reason I really like this product. I felt the aches and pains associated with having been coughing for two days straight almost immediately gone. Usually, cough syrup will get rid of a headache, or treat aches and pains minorly, but this one practically wiped

them all out. I wasn’t expecting for it to work quite as well as this, but was pleased to be proven wrong in this instance. Plus, when I did cough, though it was still productive and I was still coughing up mucus, it felt like it had been thinned out, which made coughing a much more pain-free process int he long run. This is really a great product to use, and worth the price, and better than their other products that cost the same amount of money, so I don’t know why they just don’t save us the trouble of trying a bunch of different syrups and get rid of their other ones and just have the 44 line of products. Works great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261061120020630/k2311a061/6.1.10