Healing Stone Massage DVD with Carollanne Crichton  » Health  »
  • Not wanting to give up on my new found massage practice, I decided to find a way that I could learn more techniques
  • One thing I found interesting was her discussion of rock formation, the properties of the particular stone and even the history of her native Rhode Island shore line stones
  • Really, if you ever wanted a phenomenal resource for stone massage, you should consider ordering a copy of this video

• by Jude244

A few months ago, I purchased a stone massage set after learning of the relaxation and healing properties it had to offer. I must admit my initial excitement died down after a few feeble attempts with little instruction were more miss than hit.

Not wanting to give up on my new found massage practice, I decided to find a way that I could learn more techniques. As luck would have it, I stumbled across an 80 minute instructional DVD devoted entirely to art of hot and cool stone massage.

When you purchase the Healing Stone Massage DVD with Carollanne Crichton you receive a instruction on things such as the Basic Sequence with warm and hot stones, a Cool

Moonstone Facial Massage, and 6 complete Restorative Protocols using hot and cool stones and Meridian Tracing.

In additional to the actual layouts, Crichton also teaches about the different types of stones used as well as history of using stones for healing, and also benefits and contraindications of thermal stone therapy.

To begin Crichton explains that healing stones have been used for eons and their practice was incorporated into many cultures throughout time. She then goes on to discus the three types of stones (sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphoric) and which ones most commonly used in her sessions.

One thing I found interesting was her discussion of rock formation, the properties of the particular stone and even the history of her native Rhode Island shore line stones. Next she identified the shapes and textures of the stones she favors and even how she purposely looks for stones by shape to correspond to a particular body part.

After that she explained how in practicing thermotherapy she herself used warm (80-100 degrees) as a sustained compress, hot(120-135 degrees) in an active massage, cool (body temperature or cooler) to reduce swelling, and iced temperatures (used with a barrier fabric) for sustained application, as well as a combination of temperatures to provide contrasts.

I found her talk of temperatures and application very interesting considering the manual that came with my stone set really neglected this vital information. If anything my manual ...

• Healing Stone Massage DVD with Carollanne Crichton
      my manual focused on sustained compress method whereas this DVD gave additional options that seemed to broaden the practice with additional techniques and a greater healing potential.

Another thing I found very interesting was the segment on vascular dilation and warnings for Cardiac and Cancer patients as well as those with rashes, infections or open wounds, pregnant women, the elderly and children. Once again this DVD provided a ton of helpful information and I was pleased to learn so many new and interesting facts.

Moving on to the actual stone massage Crichton demonstrates the basic techniques outdoors using a massage table on the warm sands of a deserted beach front. Here you see the foundation rock placement, the

various stones favored for that particular body location, and also her placement techniques for areas such as glands, organs and energy centers.

As I studied this program it occurred to me that not only did my stone massage kit fail to deliver the varied size and shapes need to best perform the massage, but it also lacked all the educational instruction this DVD included.

Really, if you ever wanted a phenomenal resource for stone massage, you should consider ordering a copy of this video. I am only sorry it did not come in my kit. If you’d like to learn more or begin practicing stone massage you can order this DVD on Amazon. It currently retails for 49.95 USD.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341061119630530/k2311a061/6.1.10