Crandall Public Library  » Education  »
Glen Street, Glens Falls, New York
  • I have only had one bad experience with this library and it's kind of on-going
  • When I went to the library to ask how much I owed, they told me the amount and it was a less amount than I thought it was going to be
  • It's a great resource though and if you go to Adirondack Community College, then this library is right around the corner for your convenient use

• by forevergrateful12

Crandall Public Library is situated in downtown Glens Falls and is a great resource for high school and college students. It used to be a lot smaller than it is now. Recently, they underwent a very large and expensive renovation and it is now beautiful as ever. The outside looks a little weird because you can see where the old-fashioned part is and then the add-on looks really new. But it doesn’t look too bad. The inside is absolutely beautiful.

But this library is not just full of beauty. I have been going there for years and every time I have gone I have found what I was looking for. I have gone there for research resources that I could not find in my school library, I have gone there just to read and get educated about topics that I was interested in. They have every book you could

ever imagine.

They also have reading rooms for those who just want to sit, relax, and study. They are quiet areas where you can’t be loud because people are studying for exams and such. It’s a nice place to just sit and read a book, a magazine, write in your journal, work on a project, or pretty much anything that doesn’t involve too much noise.

If you have a library card and can present it to them, you can use their computers. Obviously there is a time limit but if there is no one there waiting for a computer, you can use it as long as you want. If you don’t have a library card, you can get one for free. All you have to do is bring a photo ID and proof of address and you are all set. If you have a library card from a different library ...

• in the area, you can use that library card at this library because they are all in the same program.

I have only had one bad experience with this library and it’s kind of on-going. I borrowed a book that was about five dollars and I never returned it. I actually think I lost it. When I went to the library to ask how much I owed, they told me the amount and it was a less amount than I thought it was going to be. They then told me that they are not allowed to charge me more than the book is worth. So I left and decided I would pay it the next time I went into the library. The next time I went there happened to be months later. I went there with a friend whom I was doing a project with. When I asked to

use the computer, I presented my library card and they told me I had to pay twenty dollars in late fees for a book I didn’t return. I only had five dollars with me because I thought that was all they were going to make me pay. When I told them that they had told me they couldn’t charge me more than the book was worth, they told me that that wasn’t true. So I told them I wasn’t going to pay it and walked out. So my advice to you is to make sure you return the books that you borrow, otherwise you are going to encounter a whole bunch of problems.

This is a great library, they just have a few communication problems. It’s a great resource though and if you go to Adirondack Community College, then this library is right around the corner for your convenient use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 501061119260430/k2311a061/6.1.10