Gourmet Select Onion Rings  » Food  »
1.5
  • These onions aren't what I would consider crispy
  • They're greasy, too, unfortunately, just like potato chips
  • Thankfully, the bag was only five ounces, but I wouldn't be saying that if I like them

• by CirclingCanvas

I didn’t like these onion rings too much because they weren’t real crispy. Onion rings need to have a crispy exterior otherwise they aren’t that good. The crispy exterior is just as enjoyable as the onion and batter flavors to me, so it’s just as important.

These onions aren’t what I would consider crispy. They’re real fragile and easily fall apart.

They’re too soft for

me. Without the crispy texture, I hardly had any interest or desire to eat these onion rings,

As for the flavor of the onion rings, that the company got right.

The onions were tasty and the batter had a good flavor too. I recognized the flavor because it’s a flavor that I’ve had in restaurants and at home on many occasions.

That same restaurant flavor ...

Linda says :

Are Gormet Select Onion Rings made in the USA? If not where are they made

CirclingCanvas replies :

Yes, they are.

Karen Dierksen says :

re : These onions aren’t what I would consider crispy
I loved them. Went to this sit to see where I can buy more of them.

CirclingCanvas replies :

Dollar Tree stores seem to be the only stores that I’ve come across this item at. If the Dollar Tree near you doesn’t stock them, I would suggest asking a manager at the store to see if he or she can give you any details as to how they can be ordered.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271061118760330/k2311a061/6.1.10