Galaxy Caramel Milk Chocolate Bar  » Food  »
  • It tempts us on the wrapper to ‘Slip into the smooth swirls of Galaxy Caramel’ and I thought that sounded yummy
  • I think a chocolate bar half this size would normally cost about 50 pence so I thought that was a bargain
  • I love Galaxy milk chocolate anyway as it is a particularly creamy and satisfying chocolate, but each individual chunk of this bar (it is divided into bite-sized chunks) is filled with caramel
  • This may not suit you if you do not like anything too sweet but I like a few chunks of this before it gets too sickly sweet
  • I bought mine from my local Sainsbury’s

• by jeanne71

I was seduced into buying this big Galaxy Caramel bar today and it was as gorgeous as anticipated! It tempts us on the wrapper to ‘Slip into the smooth swirls of Galaxy Caramel’ and I thought that sounded yummy. This is a bumper size bar which should last me a few days (yeah right!) measuring about 3.5 inches by 6 inches and normally the price would be £1.28 but it was going for a reduced price today of

84 pence, so I could not resist. I think a chocolate bar half this size would normally cost about 50 pence so I thought that was a bargain. Even at full price it is worth it for an occasional guilty treat and it is pretty filling.

I love Galaxy milk chocolate anyway as it is a particularly creamy and satisfying chocolate, but each individual chunk of this bar (it is divided into bite-sized chunks) is filled with caramel.

• The caramel is very soft and stringy as you break the chunks apart and it is very sweet indeed. This may not suit you if you do not like anything too sweet but I like a few chunks of this before it gets too sickly sweet. The lovely Galaxy chocolate combined with the lovely soft caramel works as well as you would imagine – it is really good, but be warned it is quite sweet.

I always liked Cadbury’s

Caramel anyway and I personally do not consider this to be better, just a different version of a similar idea. This is a Galaxy version for those who prefer the creamy Galaxy chocolate to the flavour of Cadbury’s chocolate, with a much softer, sweeter caramel filling.

This is a new bar apparently so if you are a Galaxy fan I suggest you go and sample this and you will not be disappointed. I bought mine from my local Sainsbury’s.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2731051118190931/k2311a0531/5.31.10