Pediacare Gentle Vapors Vapor-Plug Unit And Nightlight  » Health  »
  • When my kids were younger, I'd tried the Vicks vapor plug-in but found it wasn't quite strong enough unless you had an electrical outlet right next to your child's bed, so we didn't get a whole lot of use out of them, but PediaCare was always just as much of a trusted company, if not more so, in treated illness in children, so I had no problem at all paying the $7 for this plug-in

• by Anasuya

When my kids were younger, I’d tried the Vicks vapor plug-in but found it wasn’t quite strong enough unless you had an electrical outlet right next to your child’s bed, so we didn’t get a whole lot of use out of them, but PediaCare was always just as much of a trusted company, if not more so, in treated illness in children, so I had no problem at all paying the $7 for this plug-in.

I liked the idea that it was also a nightlight, because though my kids would never admit it now that they were older, they still did like to have a small

light on somewhere in their room or the hallway, so this was an added comfort to them while they were sick. And it was pretty easy and mess-free to use. You just take one of the pads out of the package, peel off the back and slide it into the plug-in unit, being careful not to touch the exposed side of the pad directly, and then plug the unit into an electrical outlet, replacing the pad every 8 hours.

Unlike the Vicks version, I could actually smell the vapors from this plug-in unit very easily, even without having it right near the bed. I could tell ...

• my kids were sleeping much more easily, and fighting with their congestion far less than they had been. The only real problem was that the pads never really lasted a full eight hours. We would plug them in about 8pm, and by midnight they’d already seemed to lose their effectiveness. The scent in the room was strong initially, but quickly faded, so I knew my kids weren’t getting the same level of relief that they had been.

The nightlight had a good strength to it. Not too bright to be distracting to them while they sleep, and it never got hot to the touch, so it

was safe to keep plugged in all night in my kids room without any fear that they’d end up touching it and potentially burning themselves. The pads stay safely tucked inside the plug-in so there was no real fear of them touching the exposed pads. And, the pads are non-medicated and use only ingredients like eucalyptus, camphor, menthol and chamomile. It smells very strong, medicinally speaking, but the chamomile adds a nice and relaxing undertone to it. We’ve even used on of these in our own room, my husband and I, when we’re feeling congested. Not bad at all, but wish they would last a lot longer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431051117980831/k2311a0531/5.31.10