Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Body Powder Aloe  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think I had this single bottle of powder for about eight months before I'd finally drained it dry
  • I bought this product solely to use on my feet, after the shower and before I headed to work in the mornings
  • The price is just right for a product that lasted me months, and it definitely IS an all-over powder that's good for multiple uses

• by Anasuya

I’ve used a few GoldBond products in the past to treat athletes foot, and with a household full of boys, it’s been a pretty constant product line for us. And this Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Body Powder Aloe was one of the first body powders I’d ever used, and I had high hopes for it at the time. It was $5 for a 10 ounce bottle, and let me just say that 10 ounces of powder goes a very long way. I think I had this single bottle of powder for about eight months before I’d finally drained it dry. I really didn’t expect it to last that long but was pleasantly surprised when it did. It’s supposed to absorb moisture and leave in it’s place nice soft skin as a result. I have perpetually dry and horribly itchy skin on my legs, but my feet… however… is another matter entirely. I bought this product solely to

use on my feet, after the shower and before I headed to work in the mornings.

I have sweaty feet. I’m not even going to sugar coat it. It wont do anyone any good to beat around the bush here. I’m a woman and have sweaty feet. It’s almost liberating to say. Anyway, every since I started working, I’ve had problems with getting home from work and literally having to peel my socks from my feet because they are typically soaked. I have to wear casual-business shoes that don’t always allow for your feet to “breathe”, so when I get home, they are soaking wet and, well, they don’t smell very nice either. I’ve used products specifically for athlete’s foot, but I didn’t have athlete’s foot, so they weren’t always very effective for me. Sure, the moisture and sweat and smell I was experiencing might eventually lead to athlete’s foot, but at the time, it was just ...

• a simple matter of moisture, and too much of it. If this product promised to absorb moisture, then I was all for it.

It has vitamins A, C and E as well as chamomile in it, so although it dried up the skin, it also nourished it, and that was important to me. The chamomile was a very nice addition as it made the powder smell quite nice without being too floraly or strong. It also contains some lavender which is pretty much my favorite scent ever because it’s the only floral smell that doesn’t smell, well, fake in a product. It’s very natural and subtle and just sort of wafts around you after applied. It’s easy enough to apply but it makes a mess, so I ended up buying a little powder puff to use, which made application immensely easier. I would apply to the bottom and tops of my feet after drying off completely when

I got out of the shower, and it really did keep moisture at bay for most of the day. If I had one of my infamous open to close shifts, it didn’t do quite as well, but for a six hour shift it worked perfectly. And not only did it work on my feet, but I also started trying it out as a deoderant. After all, the smell was so nice, actually way better than most deoderants I’ve used, and I just applied it the same way with a powder puff, and I stayed totally dry all day, even when I was working very hard and would feel the onset of some sweat.

It’s a great product that has multiple uses for me. The smell is subtle but noticeable and very pleasant and soothing. The price is just right for a product that lasted me months, and it definitely IS an all-over powder that’s good for multiple uses.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131051117110731/k2311a0531/5.31.10