Sharon’s Family Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
1.5
905 15th Ave, East Moline, IL 61244
  • I enjoy eating out, especially when life is hectic as it means not having to cook and then clean up afterward at home
  • Sooner or Later I make it to most all of the restaurants in the neighborhood where I live as well as in the surrounding neighborhoods as I like variety
  • In my opinion, this is the case with Sharon's Family Restaurant which is located in downtown East Moline, IL
  • For starters I was not at all impressed when I walked in the door there
  • If you don't care if you eat in a dirty restaurant and you have little or no taste buds, then you might like this place, aside from that, you probably would not be to happy with your experience

• by betsyraeduke

I enjoy eating out, especially when life is hectic as it means not having to cook and then clean up afterward at home. Sooner or Later I make it to most all of the restaurants in the neighborhood where I live as well as in the surrounding neighborhoods as I like variety. Don’t get me wrong, when it comes to restaurants I have my favorites, but I am not the type of person to want to go to any one particular place to often. And for some restaurants, once is enough. In my opinion, this is the case with Sharon’s Family Restaurant which is located in downtown East Moline, IL.

For starters I was not at all impressed when I walked in the door there. This is small restaurant. Ordinarily I find small restaurants to have quite a homey, cosy feel to them. However, this can not be said about Sharon’s. The inside of this restaurant was sparsely decorated and had an overall grunge look to it. The dinning area contains about 10 to 12 tables each with 2 to 4 chairs. All of the tables and chairs appear to be worn out and

rickity. My husband and I went there during a slow period, (there was only 2 other customers in the place), and yet still could not find a clean table to sit at. At our request, the waitress slowly slandered over and wiped a table clean for us.

We sat down and our menus were brought to us. The menus consisted of what appeared to be scrap pieces of paper with the menu items carelessly typed out on them, all held together inside a cheap, dollar store type, photo album. This of course just added to the overall shabby look and feel of the restaurant. Even so, we were already there and we were hungry so we looked over the menu and placed our order.

We were there for lunch. By the way, this particular restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch so if you wanted to get dinner there you wouldn’t be able to. Anyway, as I was saying, we were there for lunch. I ordered a cheeseburger and fries, my husband ordered a rueben. About fifteen or twenty minutes later our lunch was served. The food was okay, but not great. If ...

• you are hungry and just need to get something in your stomach, this will do, if you are looking for mouth watering flavor to satisfy your palate, eat somewhere else.

My fries, though hot, were dry and almost flavorless. I for one like my fries greasy and oozing with flavor. These were so dry that they felt almost scratchy going down and they tasted somewhat like cardboard if I must put a description to the flavor. My cheeseburger came with cold cheese! I can’t speak for others, but when I order a cheeseburger from a restaurant, I expect the cheese to be warm, melted on and oozing cheesy goodness! Aside from that, the burger was okay I guess, although I have had better. One thing I will say, the burger was, at least, better than the fries.

At least the price of our meal wasn’t bad. Our total bill that day was somewhere in the neighborhood of ten to twelve dollars and some change. Not bad for two meal and two drinks at a sit down restaurant. You would have to pay about the same price for two adult meals at a fast food

joint where you get less service. Unfortunately, the pricing seems to be the only good thing that this restaurant has going for it. I have only been to this restaurant once and I don’t have any plans on visiting it again any time in the near future even though it is right down the street from where I live and therefore very convenient. The lousy atmosphere and the mediocre food there just isn’t worth the convenience.

All things considered, I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. The place has a grungy and shabby atmosphere and look to it. The food is just okay, not great. This is a good, low priced place to eat for anyone who is wanting to eat out but doesn’t have a lot of money to spend, but even so, I am not sure if the food and/or the entire experience of this place is worth it. If you don’t care if you eat in a dirty restaurant and you have little or no taste buds, then you might like this place, aside from that, you probably would not be to happy with your experience. Stay away from this place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 731051117090731/k2311a0531/5.31.10