Sony Automatic Time Set Clock Radio (ICF-C218 Model)  » Electronics  »
  • Yes, I know that there's probably some stuff that doesn't need to be sitting up there with the clock, but still, it's nice to have certain things in easy reach, like a telephone, a notebook and pen, a picture frame, some remote controls and so on

• by CirclingCanvas

My biggest complaint regarding this alarm clock radio is that it’s unnecessarily big and bulky. I’ve never had an alarm clock radio this large and I don’t understand why it needs to be this size. The dimensions of the alarm clock radio measure at seven point three by seven point seven by two point six inches. It takes up a lot of space on the nightstand and I’ve never had alarm clock radios that took up as much space. It just ends up making the nightstand more cluttered than it was before. Yes, I know that there’s probably some stuff that doesn’t need to be sitting up there with the clock, but still, it’s nice to have certain things in easy reach, like a telephone, a notebook and pen, a picture frame, some remote controls and so on. The stuff is easy to

spot and easy to reach, but the alarm clock radio makes the area seem like it’s start to overflow, unlike before with my previous alarm clock radio.

That’s my biggest complaint regarding this alarm clock radio. I have a smaller complaint and that pertains to the AM stations. Now I’m well aware that AM is a weaker band on the radio and that AM just doesn’t come in real clear with some exceptions, but the AM stations on this alarm clock radio seem to come in at a poorer reception than say in my car. The voices aren’t as audible and clear and there’s more interference in the background. It’s not completely inaudible, but it can be distracting if I’m trying to listen to talk radio or a music station. On the upside, the FM stations come through quite clearly and the alarm ...

• clock radio has fairly good speakers that deliver vibrant sounds regardless of the sound level. It’s a pleasure to listen to music on this alarm clock radio, and it works as well as any alarm clock radio I’ve owned in the past.

The time display is real nice. It’s in green and the display is point nine inches. It’s easy to make out the time regardless of where I’m at in the room, assuming the clock is in view. I also like how the alarm clock radio is kind of gentle in the way it wakes me up. It doesn’t start out blazing loud, it sort of slowly gets louder and louder, allowing for a more gentler awakening. I hate waking up to a pounding heart because of a loud noise, and this alarm clock radio doesn’t do that to me, which is really

a relief. I also like how I can modify how long I want the snooze button to silence the alarm. The alarm clock radio has a quite a few adjustable settings and features like the aforementioned two that are nice and make the alarm clock radio a nice, pleasant addition to the bedroom.

For ten dollars, this alarm clock radio is nice, albeit larger than I expected. The display isn’t ridiculously bright where at nighttime it might prove to be distracting, but it’s still bright enough to tell what time it is. The radio works real well on the FM band but not so well on the AM band. It’s settings are adjustable and it isn’t painful to wake up to. I’m pretty satisfied with it and I hope to get many, many years use out of it. It gets an “8″ rating from me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1631051116880731/k2311a0531/5.31.10