Samsung Exclaim phone
  • I was drawn to this phone because I love the QWERTY keyboard and it also slides up which is even trendier
  • Unfortunately, batteries get worn down too quickly, and need to be replaced after a while
  • It may be a problem with my service, but sometimes picture mails won’t send unless I restart my phone
  • I am impressed with the Samsung brand, I feel great about them, but I think they need to perfect their technology a bit more with this one, the Exclaim is a great phone and I’m happy with it but sometimes it just irks me

• by pensfan

I upgraded from the Samsung Rant to the Samsung Exclaim with Sprint’s new loyalty program. I was drawn to this phone because I love the QWERTY keyboard and it also slides up which is even trendier. So with two sliding directions, it appealed to me.

I also liked the choice I had in choosing blue as the color. So far, I do enjoy the phone, I’ve had it for three months.

The keyboard is great; I can access the internet, and my email. With a couple clicks I’m on Facebook,

which is something I never had in a phone.

I used to have to search for it, and then sign in. The sound quality is great, much better than the Samsung Rant that I had previously owned.

The screen size is great, larger than my previous phone. It has a faster browser, and websites load very quickly on it.

GPS is standard on the phone, and it holds a charge for about 4 hours continuous talk time, so far. Unfortunately, batteries get worn down too quickly, and need to be ...

• replaced after a while.

Now, for the cons, I miss my old phone, because it was sturdier, even a drop on the soft carpet makes the back pop off and the battery falls out. That gets very annoying; it tends to happen when I am expecting an important phone call, funny how that works! It is similar to the Samsung Rant in the way that it freezes; it will stay in the lock screen, no matter what you do, until you turn it off.

This doesn’t happen every day, but

it gets old. It may be a problem with my service, but sometimes picture mails won’t send unless I restart my phone.

It’s more compact than the Samsung Rant, but still bulky. It’s also very easy to dial a number without realizing it, which at times can be embarrassing.

I am impressed with the Samsung brand, I feel great about them, but I think they need to perfect their technology a bit more with this one, the Exclaim is a great phone and I’m happy with it but sometimes it just irks me!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3730051116650331/k2311a0530/5.30.10