The Joy Luck Club (Movie)  » Movies  »
  • The conflict between the June and her mother reminded me of my own conflict between me and a parent of mine, who wanted me to do something in which I did not want to do

• by chongjasmine
      I was forced to watch this movie as part of a requirement of a social work module of mine that had to deal with some sociocultural issues, and so, against my will, I went to my school library and borrowed this movie to watch it. The movie, my friend said, was moving and moved them to tears.

I was prepared for my tears to fall after receiving such feedbacks

from friends who had watched this movie.

Tears did fall down my eyes.

This was one truly moving movie, and it was very relevant in my life.

I could identify with some of the conflicts that were seen in the movie that occured between the mothers and their daughters.

This was especially for the case of the character June, who was forced by her mother against her will to ...

• be a child prodigy, but in the end, she subtly fought back against her mother and ended up, performing rather badly in a piano performance.

The conflict between the June and her mother reminded me of my own conflict between me and a parent of mine, who wanted me to do something in which I did not want to do.

As a result, conflicts also arise between this parent

and myself.

Watch the joy luck club because it was one good movie, and therefore, something you ought not to miss.

Especially so if you wanted to know more about the chinese culture.

Being a chinese myself, I could testify that many parts of this movie were truly accurate reflections of the chinese culture.

So, go and watch this movie for yourself.

Most likely, you will enjoy it as much as I do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111512111661231/k2311a1215/12.15.06