Pianegonda Cosmic Drops Rhodium-Plated Topaz Ring  » Jewelry  »
  • With its superimposed insignia engraved on their crafts, I think the label certainly prides itself as a brand status for luxurious accessories
  • I love the clean lines of the ring itself which has a three-dimensional feel though the ring is a little stubby due to the flat rod-like surface, instead of a perfectly rounded metal
  • If you want to maximize your money, then I certainly recommend Pianegonda’s cosmic drops gemstone-faceted rings

• by jhunie

Pianegonda is one of the more commercially marketed brands in fine jewelry. With its superimposed insignia engraved on their crafts, I think the label certainly prides itself as a brand status for luxurious accessories. And I tend not to like their industrial modern designs except for a particular piece of gemstone ring which is a stunner from my small jewel box collection. If not because of the faceted Topaz, I would simply overlook at this item as a white gold engagement ring. This Pianegonda Cosmic Drops ring is my most special gemstone.

I wear the ring often since it’s not overbearing for casual occasions and the modest size of the

Topaz doesn’t feel awkward. It’s a beautiful statement ring that doesn’t look ostentatious. Actually I appreciate the rings classy simplicity. The glinting blue Topaz is gorgeous and glistens with an aquatic crystal glow. It’s not a smoky hue. The gem seems to have a radiant light-refracting property just like diamonds. The ring had won me plenty of compliments in the past, perhaps I would call it my signature ring.

I love the clean lines of the ring itself which has a three-dimensional feel though the ring is a little stubby due to the flat rod-like surface, instead of a perfectly rounded metal. The sterling silver marries the ...

• blue Topaz gracefully, otherwise, any other touch of color would be too lavish. The Topaz has a translucent blue shade with faint teal undertones, really invoking a Cosmic otherworldly appeal. The gemstone is mounted over a tiny space gripping it in place. At times, I worry not to be clumsy because dropping the stone could easily mean its demise. I just don’t trust the built of this ring to be sturdy enough.

The main ring is sterling silver but it’s coated with Rhodium, hence the Rhodium flashing, as what it’s called in lay, probably adds to its value. Rhodium plating in jewelries is a common technique, besides augmenting the

price tag, it also extends the wear of the ring so the silver doesn’t corrode too early. Rhodium also adds a shinier, reflective surface to metal that’s why the ring lends somewhat a mirror shine. It feels a bit uncomfortable wearing the stubby silver band for the first time because the edges aren’t rounded and tend to bite at my digital corners. I obtained the ring in the mall and was priced at 475 dollars with no strings attached. If you want to maximize your money, then I certainly recommend Pianegonda’s cosmic drops gemstone-faceted rings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4530051116480231/k2311a0530/5.30.10