L’Occitane Cupuacu After-Sun Balm  » Cosmetics  »
  • The buttery balm does not recondition my salt-drenched skin right away, but I think to a degree, it alleviates the faint stinging sensation you get after emerging from the waters
  • I know my skin is quite stubborn no matter how I sun bathe but it’s likely that I get red or a pinkish color
  • This is the best scented post-sunscreen lotion I have used

• by jhunie

This used to be my favorite post-tanning balm after hitting the beach. I just love the consoling feel that after-sun lotions provide, neutralizing the skin’s condition. Even though I’m not the kind of person who tans easily and my skin sometimes reacts to random cocktails of sunscreens, still, a beach outing never escapes my calendar. It’s always an enviable trip that’s worth all the heat and burns. I really hate how the salty sea water strips off moisture, resulting to dry spongy skin coupled with the harsh chemicals from sunblocks that I inevitably have to dab all over to prevent sunburns.

I heard of L’Occitane’s Cupuaco products which

were marketed to be natively produced from Brazil. I picked this cupuaco-based after-sun lotion, among many others, because of a simple inherent weakness for scents. The balm smells essentially of tropical flowers, slightly Mediterranean and the beach-y fragrance is too good to resist. The scent is very memorable to me since it brings back a lot of happy carefree days that I can strongly associate everything of and related to the beach. It’s not a secret that L’Occitane is a notable producer of fruity fragrances such as Ruban d’Orange, a cult favorite of mine but I just like how this balm totally smells different from its ...

• vegetal ingredients.

The buttery balm does not recondition my salt-drenched skin right away, but I think to a degree, it alleviates the faint stinging sensation you get after emerging from the waters. Then a smooth satin texture follows as you apply it with ease, the creamy lotion feels quite moisturizing. I actually think this is the richest balm in my lot of preloved beach lotions. The creamy formula reminds me of dry lotions and the fragrance is very engaging without a saccharine sweetness. I think it’s quite nourishing too.

The balm has a thicker consistency similar to body butters with a soft texture but not runny. I know

my skin is quite stubborn no matter how I sun bathe but it’s likely that I get red or a pinkish color. It usually takes days while using this balm to get my skin’s condition back to normal. This product is filled with Brazilian homey recipes especially Cupuacu which is derived from the fruit’s seed. It’s contained inside a plump plastic bottle devised with a secure cap. I believe it’s retailed for 22 dollars. This is the best scented post-sunscreen lotion I have used. Thus, the product gets my recommendation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130051116460231/k2311a0530/5.30.10