Caronia Nail Lacquer in Love  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I was disappointed when I tried a few of their regular nail polishes, particularly this French-manicure shade called Love
  • It might not hurt to give it a try for yourself but I personally don’t recommend this specific shade

• by jhunie

I don’t think I’ve delved enough of this cheaply priced nail polish to call myself a follower of the brand. But the dirt-cheap price makes it a non-detestable splurge when vanity calls me to be reasonable, perhaps a better way to let out my fixation for Chanel lacquers. I’ve used some of their metallic shades to say that the lacquer certainly has a good quality comparable to expensive brands. I have two from their Frosted collection, namely Silver and Sapphire which appears like a con to MAC’s plasma blue. Generally, the frosted lacquer’s defining quality was rich pigments with an abundance of fine shimmers. I was disappointed when I tried a few of their regular nail polishes, particularly this French-manicure shade called Love.

Love is

a pastel pink hue, but judging on the bottle, I initially thought it was a rosy fluid tint that works well for a French tip. The polish is poor in terms of color pay-off. It took a lot of trial and error to produce a satisfying full-opacity shade while perfecting strokes as the lacquer requires an accurate amount per coat. Otherwise, brushing a heavy amount shall settle into streaks or a bit less and you’ll end up barely polishing the entire nail bed because the color is too thin. The thin opacity really needs attention to detail and some patience, I find myself waiting for the polish to dry thoroughly then do some patching up on the sparse uneven areas. It takes a lot ...

• of work in 4 coats.

But the scrupulous waiting time doesn’t end there, I need at least an hour to lay my hands allowing the lacquer to harden extensively. At the first occasion I painted my nails using the lacquer, I assumed it was already dry and resumed to doing normal manual things. Later, it ensued to a lot of dents and marks on my polished nails, clearly evident that the lacquer still had not dried. The lacquer felt creamy probably because of the thick multi-layered coats. That’s why it’s important to make sure the polish is completely dry.

In fairness, I can attest to this lacquer’s long wear. It lasted about 5 or 6 days with minor signs of chipping on the tips. I

can’t say I like the color though. My nails somewhat looked dull due to its pale baby pink color despite it being a maximum of 4 coats. I admit to liking pastel hues but they’re generally harder to apply than saturated colors. I also don’t know if it’s the polish itself but after removing it there’s a really weird smell that lingered on my nails for days. I tried very hard to moisturize with scented hand creams but for a strange unknown reason, it remained so stubbornly. It smelt like bitter medicine.

It might not hurt to give it a try for yourself but I personally don’t recommend this specific shade.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130051116440231/k2311a0530/5.30.10