H. Stern Highlight Star 100-Carat Amethyst and Diamond Ring  » Jewelry  »
  • I like the noble gold ring which is disguised in a sort of pale white gold tone, it’s very tangible, fits well but doesn’t emanate a flashy yellow golden shine
  • I love diamonds – who can’t resist it
  • Though I thought the intention of squeezing too many decadent elements on one object was not a very artistic idea
  • Well, the ring cost me 4500 dollars plus tax and an authentication certificate

• by jhunie

This is literally my most precious gem. It still gives me shivers every time I ring it on my finger. Jewelry, of course is purely ornamental. I started my fondness for shining shimmering objects once I could afford them. I suppose it’s an inherited attribute of mine adapted from my mother who shares the same passion for tasteful bijoux. In terms of jewels, I have a minimalist manner when it comes to adorning myself. My mantra is – I’d rather wear a ring or nothing at all. I make a point of donning at least a subtle touch of jewel-tone to complete an elegant look. Though I’m not well-versed regarding the provenance of most gems, and certainly H. Stern jewelries, I knew this particular ring was meant

for me.

There’s a compelling value that this Amethyst ring possesses which totally won me over. Maybe it’s the baroque style of the ring that’s so different from the modern industrial designs I’m used to seeing. The ring also features a gigantic square-cut Amethyst in a smoky translucent purple shade. The 100 carat Amethyst gem tends to have a moody shade; at times it displays a cool pinkish tone then change to a brooding red-berry tinge. It’s a chic accessory to wear, especially the contrast in size contributed by the large amethyst set on my skinny hand. But considering its rich embellishments and an oversized gemstone, it truly weighs a bit chunky on hand.

Aside from the staple gem with an imposing size, the tri-toned elements feel like I’m getting the very essence ...

• of what fine jewelry stands for. The baroque elements consist of a silver toned gold ring and the modest diamond studs set behind the fascade amethyst. I like the noble gold ring which is disguised in a sort of pale white gold tone, it’s very tangible, fits well but doesn’t emanate a flashy yellow golden shine. The ring if I remember correctly is 18 k and in a way, really complements the glittery diamonds. It’s a multi-faceted ring almost squeezing all the precious jewel tones, from gold and diamond to Amethyst.

This ring truly embodies a novelty piece. I love diamonds – who can’t resist it? I especially like the crafty star design fashioned out of diamonds. The striking halo-like arrangement of the diamonds appears like a watermark against

the gemstone. Though I thought the intention of squeezing too many decadent elements on one object was not a very artistic idea. I’d rather have the diamonds ring around the gold metal because I find the double-faceted feature redundant. There was actually another highlight ring of the same collection which looked more toned down but I failed to acquire it. I obtained this beautiful ring from a good dealer affiliated to work for a European jewelry shop.

The ring is my best choice to wear for a dressy evening. Well, the ring cost me 4500 dollars plus tax and an authentication certificate. I definitely recommend H. stern’s rings if money is no object, they also commission affordable engagement rings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4530051116420231/k2311a0530/5.30.10