The Passion of Christ  » Movies  »
  • I love Jesus, I really do, and so when I heard that the movie, the passion of Christ was about to be shown in Singapore, I was excited, truly, I was
  • Yes, I found the show to be too violent for my taste
  • I would not recommend this show for children

• by chongjasmine
      I love Jesus, I really do, and so when I heard that the movie, the passion of Christ was about to be shown in Singapore, I was excited, truly, I was. I not only wanted to watch it, I wanted everyone else in my life to watch it, every person, especially my non believing friends. But when the day came when I finally got to watch the show, I walked up of the theatre half-way.

No, it was not because the movie was bad. It was not

because my love for Jesus had diminished in any manner and any way.

No, it was because the show was too violent. Yes, I found the show to be too violent for my taste.

I could not watch the way in which the roman soldiers tortured the One who meant so much to me. Sure, it was just a show, yet this show brought to my mind and my heart the pains of what Jesus had to go through in order to die for the sins of ...

• the entire human population.

I could not bear to watch my Jesus being beaten up by the people and so I left the movie. The passion of Christ was not a show for the weak, there was many blood and violence in this show.

The graphic was good, but precisely because it was good, it made the violence looked more real and the torture that Jesus had to go through more gross. I would not recommend this show for children.

If you really wanted your child to

know about Jesus, buy a cartoon version of the life of Jesus for him or her to watch, it would be more beneficial to him or her that way. This show had too much blood and violence in it to be suitable for youthful mind.

It was a good show for those who wanted to remember what their Lord had done for them, but not for those who were tender-hearted, those who hated blood or violence. For such christians, I recommended that you watched the Gospel of John, instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111512111641231/k2311a1215/12.15.06