Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was a little hesitant to buy this Dream Matte Pressed Powder by Maybelline because I had tried the Dream Matte Mousse foundation and it worked horribly, but I decided to give it a try anyway and if It didn't work on my face, I can always use it as a powder for my lips and apply it to my lips to pale them out right before I apply my lipstick or lip glosses
  • I found with using the puff brush that comes with powders can make your skin cakey looking, especially if you accidentally put on too much
  • I noticed while I was wearing this, I stayed matte longer and although it didn't completely stop me from getting a little oily, I got less oily then how I normally get
  • This is definitely one of the best powders that I've used and this pressed powder is definitely better than the dream matte mousse foundation

• by JCandyce

I was a little hesitant to buy this Dream Matte Pressed Powder by Maybelline because I had tried the Dream Matte Mousse foundation and it worked horribly, but I decided to give it a try anyway and if It didn’t work on my face, I can always use it as a powder for my lips and apply it to my lips to pale them out right before I apply my lipstick or lip glosses. I did everything like normal, I washed my face and then applied one of my moisturizers to help with my dry skin and the tightness that I get after washing my face. After a few minutes of letting my moisturizer dry, I applied my mineral powder foundation.

Once I was done

applying my mineral powder foundation, I applied this Dream Matte Pressed powder but instead of using the powder puff brush that came with it, I decided to use one of my powder foundation brushes since I wasn’t intended on using a lot and I just wanted it too seal in my mineral powder foundation and it to even it out more so it doesn’t get cakey. I found with using the puff brush that comes with powders can make your skin cakey looking, especially if you accidentally put on too much.

I swirled the brush around in the powder and then tapped it and then brushed it onto my face. It didn’t get cakey or dry.

It also didn’t make my skin feel heavy and ...

• it even gave me a little more coverage and still looked natural. It went on very smooth and was very soft on my skin.

I have combination and oily skin and my mineral powder foundation is pretty good as keeping my skin matte all day long but I need something extra for when it’s extremely hot outside and I’m out for a very long time. I noticed while I was wearing this, I stayed matte longer and although it didn’t completely stop me from getting a little oily, I got less oily then how I normally get.

The Matte Pressed Powder got dry after a while but that was only after I was wearing it for a very long time but for a normal day,

it wears for a really long time without getting dry, flaky or making my skin tight. I was able to apply my bronzer and/or blush as easily as I had been able too and it wore just as long with this under it, it didn’t make by blush and/or bronzer look cakey at all, it went on just as smooth as before.

This is definitely one of the best powders that I’ve used and this pressed powder is definitely better than the dream matte mousse foundation. I’m glad that I gave this pressed powder a dry.

I would recommend this to anyone. It’s perfect.

especially if you have combination and oily skin, this will help control the oil longer, it has longer than any other powder I’ve used. Definite buy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130051116390231/k2311a0530/5.30.10