Windmill Zinc Lozenges with Echinacea & Ester-C Cherry Flavor  » Health  »
  • I have to admit, when I first bought these, I thought they were an herbal cough drop, essentially, and really had no idea that they were considered a dietary supplement
  • More expensive than I initially thought when I realized you take three of them a day, but definitely worth the cost, especially if other people in the household are sick and you want to do everything you can to keep from getting it yourself
  • There's no wierd taste, though they are slightly chalky tasting, the cherry flavor covers it up nice enough, and I didn't experience any adverse affects from taking it

• by Anasuya

I have to admit, when I first bought these, I thought they were an herbal cough drop, essentially, and really had no idea that they were considered a dietary supplement. They were only $5 for a bottle of thirty, and though I thought it was pricey for a cough drop at the time, I thought it’d be worth if it they didn’t taste horrible.

So much for paying attention, because it wasn’t until I got them home that I even realized what they were for! Basically, these are a dietary supplement used to boost the immune system, with the zinc and echinacea.

I’d always read so many articles on the benefits of echinacea, and had taken some

similar supplements in the past, so I didn’t feel the need to take it back to the store when I realized it wasn’t what I thought.

You dissolve a tablet in your mouth three times a day so, admittedly, that bottle doesn’t last very long, but I’ll tell you right now that it doesn’t reallly NEED to last that long, because they are incredibly effective.

I didn’t take them right away, because I figured I’d wait and use them when I caught a cold or started to feel a sore throat coming on (which is always the tell tale sign of the flu for me), and as soon as I felt the first onset of symptoms, I ...

• started taking them.

And I can tell you that the cold or flu or whatever it might have been never even got the chance to really form and affect me more than on the first or second day.

If you take these right when you start feeling a little off, it acts more like a preventative measure that keeps the sickness or germs at bay and nothing more develops as a result of taking them.

I took them for ten days and felt great, and though it was cold and flu season in my household, managed to stay cold-free, even when my kids brought it home from school and were sick for two weeks straight, and then

my husband shortly thereafter caught what they had and was sick for a week himself.

I felt much better, much more energetic, and I’m beginning to think that echinacea is really a cure all for everything but cancer and AIDS! What a great product.

More expensive than I initially thought when I realized you take three of them a day, but definitely worth the cost, especially if other people in the household are sick and you want to do everything you can to keep from getting it yourself.

I definitely highly recommend it.

There’s no wierd taste, though they are slightly chalky tasting, the cherry flavor covers it up nice enough, and I didn’t experience any adverse affects from taking it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3430051116130231/k2311a0530/5.30.10