Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Body Wash  » Cosmetics  »
  • Fantastic and multi-functional, and if that isn't enough to convince you to spend the $7, then I don't think I can say anymore to convince you

• by Anasuya

I’ve used several Aveeno products over the last year, and it’s one of the trusted types of lotions that everyone in the household can use. I typically need lotions and moisturizers because I have excessively dry skin. Even in the middle of summer, when I’m oily and hot and the weather is humid, my legs will still look ashy and will itch like crazy because they are perpetually dry. It’s a rather exhausting process to have to deal with skin this dry because I’m going through lotion and moisturizing products like crazy. This is one of the more affordable and effective products I’ve used at only $7. Sure, that’s more expensive than say a bar of soap, but sometimes I just need a little extra “oomph” to help moisturize my skin.

One of the things I really like about this product is that it’s not

heavily scented. I reacted very badly to strong smells, especially of a floral nature, and can almost have a slight asthma attack when using heavily scented products. This has a very mild scent that is pleasing and soothing, and it’s not so feminine that my husband wont use it in the shower either. The other Aveeno products that I’ve tried have all been lotions for the most part, and I liked the idea of using a moisturizing body wash in the shower because it seems to kill two birds with one stone that way. I’ve always read that you should put lotion on immediately after getting out of a shower and drying off because then it helps trap the moisture in the skin, but its less effective if you wait til you’re totally dry, and this way, I was doing it IN the shower, and ...

• was hoping that it would be more effective that way.

In the end, it really did seem to be more effective as a body wash, for me, than it was as a lotion. During the summer months, anyway, I’m able to use this in place of a soap AND lotion, and my legs stay nice and moisturized and they don’t have that dry, white ashy look to them anymore, and it certainly helps keep the itching to a minimum. During the winter months, when all the moisture is stripped from the air, this isn’t quite strong enough by itself and I still need to follow it up with a lotion, but it’s still a good product and goes a long way. It’s $7 a bottle, sure, but that bottle will typically last in this household for about three weeks, which is not a bad investment

at all, and it’s rich in oatmeal and sunflower oils, but doesn’t end up feeling heavy on the skin as a result of the oils in it. It’s very light, suds up nicely and just makes my skin feel super soft. Great alternative for me and a great treatment during the summer months. Oh, I almost forgot… it’s a soap free product too, as soap can sometimes dry out the skin even more than the weather can manage, and I’m even able to use it place of a shaving cream when I’m shaving and it’s a wonderful substitute. I didn’t know that was one of the uses, but it suggested it right on the bottle to use it as a shaving cream. Fantastic and multi-functional, and if that isn’t enough to convince you to spend the $7, then I don’t think I can say anymore to convince you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130051116110231/k2311a0530/5.30.10