Walgreens Wal-Tussin Chest Congestion Oral Solution Cherry  » Medicine  »
  • TheraFlu is great, but it was hard to find them in kid-friendly doses, and I think my kids would've seen it as just another type of cough syrup anyway, but one that requires them to drink a full 4 ounces of water (even if I swear to them it doesn't taste bad)
  • This Wal-Tussin Chest Congestion syrup was only $5 and, though I don't like taking syrup, it could be used by both adults and children alike, so I knew it would never go to waste in our household
  • Though I believe nighttime formulas have their place, they aren't always convenient, especially for a child to take
  • When my oldest son got sick and it was all centered in his chest, I bought this immediately
  • I never had the opportunity to take this myself, but I know it worked well for my son, and I have no problem considering the repurchase of this item in the future if someone in the house manages to catch a cold

• by Anasuya

Though I don’t particularly care for taking a syrup of any kind when I’m not feeling good, there was a period of years when that’s the only thing I could give my kids. They were too young to take a pill and there weren’t that many products out there that came in dissolvable tablets or as a drink. TheraFlu is great, but it was hard to find them in kid-friendly doses, and I think my kids would’ve seen it as just another type of cough syrup anyway, but one that requires them to drink a full 4 ounces of water (even if I swear to them it doesn’t taste bad).

And, since Walgreens was almost always within walking distance from where we’ve lived over the years (even now) it made sense that I would buy any needed medications there, and their store brand prices were far better than the

name brand and even the store brand prices at other stores. This Wal-Tussin Chest Congestion syrup was only $5 and, though I don’t like taking syrup, it could be used by both adults and children alike, so I knew it would never go to waste in our household.

It was a non-drowsy formula too, which I liked. Though I believe nighttime formulas have their place, they aren’t always convenient, especially for a child to take.

Though sleep is always good when you’re not feeling well, too much sleep can make you feel worse, and that was the last thing I wanted for my kids. And this was even safe for children 5 years old to take, if you following the directions properly and if ever in doubt, ask a doctor first.

When my oldest son got sick and it was all centered in his chest, I bought this immediately.

• It was the first thing I looked for.

Well, maybe not this product specifically, but I looked for a Walgreens brand since I’ve always invested in Walgreens products in the past and found them to usually be some of the most effective for the price. I gave him the recommended dosage and within a matter of hours, his coughing was becoming more productive and I could tell that the phlegm was finally losening in his chest.

He wasn’t having those dry, useless coughs any more that did nothing but give him a sore throat and hurt his chest and head, and he wasn’t complaining of headaches any more either. He still had some lingering coughs, but at least it was working out the mucus and I knew his cold would be over more quickly that way, and since this wasn’t a nighttime formula, he was still having trouble falling

asleep at night thanks to the still-persistent coughing.

I’d hear him every half an hour coughing a few times, and then he’d drift back into sleep. He seemed to do much better on this stuff during the daytime hours, though, and within three days was feeling much like his old-self and was willing to play a little bit and was eating and drinking much more than he had been before taking anything.

I never had the opportunity to take this myself, but I know it worked well for my son, and I have no problem considering the repurchase of this item in the future if someone in the house manages to catch a cold. And with four of us here, that’s more often than I’d like! Good to know there is a solid product (one in a long line of Walgreens products) when one of us isn’t feeling all that well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2630051115970231/k2311a0530/5.30.10