Walgreens Wal-Phed PE Nasal Decongestant Tablets Maximum Strength  » Medicine  »
  • Then Sudafed changed their ingredients (I guess their was a substance abuse issue at play there), and it was no longer nearly as effective
  • Though I didn't get drowsy or have an upset stomach, I did experience some mild nervousness
  • This product is affordable enough to take for extended periods (though I only took it for a week at a time, giving myself an ample break inbetween- I don't like taking medications constantly), and it was definitely effective enough to warrant another purchase

• by Anasuya

Eight or nine years ago when I moved from Arkansas to Michigan with my husband, I was immediately overcome with allergies. I had never experienced them a day before in my life until I moved here, and it’s been a constant in my life ever since. We didn’t have insurance immediately upon moving, so I was left to test and try every over-the-counter remedy I could get my hands on to find some lasting relief from my allergy symptoms, and one of the only products that worked was Sudafed.

effective. But, even with the change, it still helped more than others, but their prices had suddenly gone up.

Since Walgreens makes some great products and I’ve shopped there weekly for half of my life, I figured I would try their Wal-phed PE nasal decongestant maximum strength tablets, since they were only $4 for 36, which was almost half the price than the name brand for 1/3 more medication. Can’t beat that, I say, especially when purchasing sinus and allergy medication has been a given every week for me.

I have to save money where I can and this felt like a worthy investment. It is mostly designed to treat nasal congestion due to hay fever or colds, and I had a feeling it would work at least as well as the re-vamped Sudafed products had worked for me and feeling any relief was better than feeling none at all.

I was pleasantly surprised, however, to discover that these generic tablets seemed to work like the original Sudafed used to, even though it was psuedophedrine free (which was the ingredient that was banned from Sudafed in the past and caused a product re-design). I’m not sure what the differences are between this and the name brand product, but within a half an hour, I felt better, and within the hour after taking it I ...

• Walgreens Wal-Phed PE Nasal Decongestant Tablets Maximum Strength
      felt almost human again! I could breathe through my nose, even though some congestion was still present, and the sinus pressure was so much better.

I was used to rubbing my sinus cavities every five minutes as that helped relieve some of the pressure, but I didn’t have to do that anymore after taking this product. Though I didn’t get drowsy or have an upset stomach, I did experience some mild nervousness.

I don’t even know if that’s the word for it. It almost felt like a little hyper-activity, and I was a bit jumpy.

It wasn’t anything severe by any means, but it was a side-effect I felt ws worth mentioning

here, as some people may really be taken aback by that kind of thing. Within two days, I felt pretty much back to my old self, and as the nervous feeling quickly faded and didn’t bother me much at all after the first three doses.

This product is affordable enough to take for extended periods (though I only took it for a week at a time, giving myself an ample break inbetween- I don’t like taking medications constantly), and it was definitely effective enough to warrant another purchase. My kids are teens now and can take adult medications, and they’ve experienced a great deal of relief using this product as well.

I like it. 9

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2630051115940231/k2311a0530/5.30.10